2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think people realise how much fitness has to do with pace. Remember Godfrey was out for a few weeks and his first game he was slower than sin. When he is up to speed let's see how quick he is

Godfrey had Covid, that’s a different thing altogether. This lad isn’t going to suddenly be quick.

Not slagging him off either, it’s just an observation.

Definitely not writing him off before anyone says it but I was a bit disappointed with his natural attributes if you like I’d read that he was a real athlete but he looked the opposite I thought a bit one paced and not a big lad. He might need some work to improve on that. I won’t comment on his footballing ability because you can’t judge that so early.

Anyone using a 22 year old man, on the first week of his new job in a new country to have a go at the manager is a tool. Judge VM after 20 games and without managerial prejudice. We are, or should be, better than this.
That's spot on.

Struggled tonight but there was always gonna be an adjusting period. He looks tenacious though which are a always good to see.

…..I appreciate it’s his first game but I have to say I was a bit concerned with that display. I’m not keen on his movement, his gait and how he settles in a one on one against a forward.

i need convincing, he’s not what I thought.
Early days, Eggs, I feel a bit sorry for the lad being chucked in the deep end with very little time on the training ground and in a system the other players, who have been on the training ground, don't seem to understand.

He might still be good, or not, too early to tell, imo.

Debut was a few days too early, plus why were we playing him as a LWB? The whole reason Digne has fell out with Benitez is because he doesn't want to play as a defensive full-back like Paella Man insists, hence why this lad is the replacement.

Runs off a player over tactics, signs a replacement who will fit his tactics, plays the replacement in a way the original player wanted. Makes sense.

Can’t really take anything from that. Didn’t do anything wrong, didn’t do anything brilliant. Good for him to get a decent amount of minutes under his belt.

I won’t criticise the lad at all. He done great for his first start. You can see the English game is much quicker than he’s use to. He did well considering it’s his first game.

I’ve no doubt he’ll settle

Ha Ha Ha.

Anyone questioning this lad after a first effort like that needs to seek support.

The feller is new to the English game, never wanted to go missing and put himself about very well.

It was a laudable first outing.

That's spot on.

I totally agree with you mate.

Real shame you can't give the same support to our new Scottish right back, because seriously, what's the difference?

You've written him off before he's even kicked a ball for us?

Personally, I like to give all new signings a chance first.

Status
Not open for further replies.