Villa Request Everton Postponement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes true and but as you mentioned. Whens the last time we had Carlo friggin Ancelotti. 1 point of second place in Jan. How unEverton is that? I'd guess never happened ever in the prem era. We are winning games and staying with the pack. That's not the Everton I know. You would think we would make sure we where 6 points of this block of teams pulling our hair out over a missed opportunity. Beating 4 top six challengers in 6 games. Our away record. It's very not not Everton on all fronts James Rodriguez? Everton alright.... IN OPPISITE WORLD
It's back to Division 1 era Everton. Enough of Premier League era Everton. Time to perform and act like a top club again.

Positives:

Doucoure now serves his suspension in the FA Cup.
Its 1 less game DCL and Allan miss through injury.

Suspensions​

This season, any cautions players receive will be specific to the competition they are playing in at the time. So, a yellow card in an FA Cup game, for instance, would not count towards a suspension in the Premier League.

However, red cards will apply across all competitions - although standard bans can now be decreased or increased in exceptional cases.

Players will be banned after picking up five yellow cards (with a cut-off after the first 19 games), 10 yellow cards (a cut-off after 32 games) and 15 yellow cards by the end of the season.

No he serves it against Leicester. He can play against Sheffield Wed.

Suspensions​

This season, any cautions players receive will be specific to the competition they are playing in at the time. So, a yellow card in an FA Cup game, for instance, would not count towards a suspension in the Premier League.

However, red cards will apply across all competitions - although standard bans can now be decreased or increased in exceptional cases.

Players will be banned after picking up five yellow cards (with a cut-off after the first 19 games), 10 yellow cards (a cut-off after 32 games) and 15 yellow cards by the end of the season.

ah damn.....cheers lads for the correction ;)

I see Everton have said they will be showing the 2-0 win at Villa Park from October 2013 in full from 3pm on Sunday.That is the game Howard saved the Beneteke pen early on, still one of the best pen saves ive seen i think

I see Everton have said they will be showing the 2-0 win at Villa Park from October 2013 in full from 3pm on Sunday.That is the game Howard saved the Beneteke pen early on, still one of the best pen saves ive seen i think

Remember they started doing that when the footy was cancelled in the early days of Covid, it was good to watch old games at the same time as other blues

At the end of the day we are in the middle of a pandemic, and Villa's training ground is currently closed due to a covid outbreak at the club. The safety of all players and staff, including our own, must take priority and if there is a significant risk that the disease could spread if this game were to go ahead, then the decision to cancel is the correct one. It has to be.

My problem, and it's exactly the same problem I had when the City game was postponed, is the lack of transparency being shown by the Premier League. There has to be consistency in their decision making and there is absolutely no way of measuring this due to a lack of transparency.

We have a situation where clubs make a plea to the PL for games to be postponed, and they make a decision behind closed doors with practically zero disclosure to the other clubs involved. It's a complete joke.
pandemic up my ass!
- sorry, just like the way it sounds

Not sure why people wouldn't welcome the postponement we benefit from it with Allan and DCL to come back. Any extra room space to give time for our players on a depleted squad is welcomed.
actually, I'm not ok with our team having almost 2 weeks rest ), last time we rest more than a week we hardly beaten the championship's mediocre, as somebody said in the match thread players looked like they play together for the first time.
Annoying that

Why did Villa have to play kids in FA cup but can duck out of this?
maybe villa boys became more ambitious about their prospects in PL?

Status
Not open for further replies.