Villa Request Everton Postponement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, injuries happen.

Key players will pickup knocks as the season goes on and if the fixture list is more congested they'll miss more.
At the end of the day we are in the middle of a pandemic, and Villa's training ground is currently closed due to a covid outbreak at the club. The safety of all players and staff, including our own, must take priority and if there is a significant risk that the disease could spread if this game were to go ahead, then the decision to cancel is the correct one. It has to be.

My problem, and it's exactly the same problem I had when the City game was postponed, is the lack of transparency being shown by the Premier League. There has to be consistency in their decision making and there is absolutely no way of measuring this due to a lack of transparency.

We have a situation where clubs make a plea to the PL for games to be postponed, and they make a decision behind closed doors with practically zero disclosure to the other clubs involved. It's a complete joke.

At the end of the day, there's a global pandemic that's killing a lot of people every day, and making others seriously ill. I'm not one for saying 'there's bigger things to worry about' in general, but seeing as the postponement is directly linked to said pandemic, I can't help feeling like getting your knickers in a twist about whether we might possibly theoretically if certain things happen in a certain way at a certain time be disadvantaged by this is a bit unnecessary. It is what it is, the season is a bit of a mess and in many ways we've taken advantage of that so far. Maybe this will work to our advantage, maybe it won't, i don't know. What I do know, is if it's the safest thing to do then it's the right thing to do.

Damn you and your well thought out and rational point of view.

I wanted my football, but you are right.

At the end of the day, there's a global pandemic that's killing a lot of people every day, and making others seriously ill. I'm not one for saying 'there's bigger things to worry about' in general, but seeing as the postponement is directly linked to said pandemic, I can't help feeling like getting your knickers in a twist about whether we might possibly theoretically if certain things happen in a certain way at a certain time be disadvantaged by this is a bit unnecessary. It is what it is, the season is a bit of a mess and in many ways we've taken advantage of that so far. Maybe this will work to our advantage, maybe it won't, i don't know. What I do know, is if it's the safest thing to do then it's the right thing to do.
Ha ha ha.

You're not Chinese or Russian by any chance are you? lol
At the end of the day we are in the middle of a pandemic

Its not ideal, far from it but the less risks we take with the playing squad and Carlo especially the better. Disappointing of course but positive spin being Allan might make the Leicester game and they will also play 3 games before us. Sure It's gonna get condensed for us later in the season but we don't have the extra European games this season anyway so hey ho.

Maybe, but depends if villa cant, and villa should be ok by then i would expect, cant see how they wouldnt be
They’re still not training are they? I’ve no idea about the amount of days the training ground has to shut but it’s not looking good if it’s still closed.

They’re still not training are they? I’ve no idea about the amount of days the training ground has to shut but it’s not looking good if it’s still closed.
Think I read somewhere they can reopen on Saturday. So their reason to postpone ours was lack of preparation time. But I may be wrong.

Think I read somewhere they can reopen on Saturday. So their reason to postpone ours was lack of preparation time. But I may be wrong.
nope, that is what is suppose to be happening,so they would have a few days at least,if they are ok

Thats from Villa

We expect that members of the first team squad and staff who are healthy and safe to return to training will do so on Sunday when the isolation protocols will have been observed.

I hope all affected at Villa have a swift and full recovery.

Clearly the effects of a pandemic that is ravaging the country (and world) and its impact on the health and safety of anyone with the playing of a game should come before the playing of the game itself if need be.

I only hope that we don't have to make requests for postponements due to Covid hitting our team.

Breaking News: Villa discover source of Covid Outbreak

20210114_121345.jpg

So Leicester at home next then is it? We seem to struggle against them at home in recent years but less so away. Odd one. Hopefully the extended break before it will allow for fresh players, perhaps the return of DCL and Allan and Jonny Evans specific training routines to be prepped.

Status
Not open for further replies.