VAR

Goal line technology showed it didnā€™t go in. It wouldnā€™t have been given anyway
I thought i had heard they flagged offside but actually IF it had gone in then VAR SHOULD have overruled ad it was onside. Knowing our luck we would have scored and it would have been rulled out for Dyche being a baldy Ginger. šŸ˜€

If the referee sees it and lets play continue plus the linesman with an even better view sees no foul that should be the end of it .VAR should not be used.

If this is the case VAR steps in every tackle or challenge all over the pitch.
Best be prepared for 3 hour long games.

Ridiculous decision.

100%.

They said its because we scored from it so VAR had tk get involved.

Bull

It's match fixing/corrupt.

I thought i had heard they flagged offside but actually IF it had gone in then VAR SHOULD have overruled ad it was onside. Knowing our luck we would have scored and it would have been rulled out for Dyche being a baldy Ginger. šŸ˜€
They would have gone back and given it. The refs watch would have buzzed so he would have given a goal.

The ā€œfoulā€ was bs but clear is clear

In real time i thought the Gomes tackle looked a foul.

Fast forward a few minutes later and Kulusevski fouls Patterson on the edge of our box in a very similar way. No foul given and Tottenham get a corner.

This is a huge problem of VAR. A foul is a foul. But because one led to a goal it's given. The other didn't, but imagine if Spurs then scored from that corner, would that have been fair?

The game really is a mess these days.

If the referee sees it and lets play continue plus the linesman with an even better view sees no foul that should be the end of it .VAR should not be used.

If this is the case VAR steps in every tackle or challenge all over the pitch.
Best be prepared for 3 hour long games.

Ridiculous decision.
Maybe it would be OK if they checked EVERY decision. Perhaps it would be consistent, but also so painful that they would eventually move back towards giving the on pitch ref control. At the moment we just seem stuck in no mans land, the game flows and then every goal is scrutinised to the letter of the law, with VAR intervention even when im convinced there is definitely DOUBT.
I mean if you are having a game where there are tackles flying in and maybe a few are a bit tasty....... the ref lets the game flow because its one of those games a bit of an epic....then oh wow great GOAL. They then review the tackle before the goal and say that tackle was too tasty and rule it out. But all the rest of them in that game were fine. Bollox.

I thought it would bring some more balance to games and help the refs do what can be a difficult job, especially as they often have to judge things from an awkward angle with a split second view.

But honestly it seems to make almost as many mistakes and subjective decisions as we had before and totally kills the atmosphere of scoring a goal.
Itā€™s almost as if it looks at every reason NOT to allow the goal before anything else. Subjectivity squared x poor officiating =

Oficials may know all the rules but they hardly have any real life playing experience. Michael Oliver was on VAR and it was his decision to tell the ref that there was a possible foul. It wasn't a foul in my view - not all contact is a foul and Royal was falling over every time anyone breathed on him. Any ex pro would have been able to say that it was not a clear and obvious error and therefore the goal should have stood. VAR is subjective - so get people in who know how to play the game and have experience of professional football. Until then we're left with incompetent and potentially crooked systems.

In real time i thought the Gomes tackle looked a foul.

Fast forward a few minutes later and Kulusevski fouls Patterson on the edge of our box in a very similar way. No foul given and Tottenham get a corner.

This is a huge problem of VAR. A foul is a foul. But because one led to a goal it's given. The other didn't, but imagine if Spurs then scored from that corner, would that have been fair?

The game really is a mess these days.
Exactly this. You can get away with 99 fouls but if the 100th leads to a goal you are treated like the standard hasnā€™t been set for the entire game by previous decisions.