VAR

not if you look at it objectively, how can you look at slow moving video footage of a fast developing and chaotic section of play and know the mens rea of the person doing an action? In the pantheon of footballing wrongs, this isnt even in the first edition and calling BG out on it is poor form sir

The mens rea in this particular circumstance is irrelevant (though I take the point I used the term blatant). Studding a player on the face (endangering an opponent), with what could easily be conceived as a deliberate stamp, is a red card, we and he got away with one.

Anyway, back to the ale for you.

A great example of VAR chaos for Forest. Barcodes defender had a nibble at their striker, didn’t make contact with legs/ankles, striker starts stumbling, begins a jump over the onrushing keeper, realises the ball is running out for a goal kick and subtly and cleverly aborts jump to just run into the keepers armpit (who has already gone to ground).

At full speed from the side it looked like the defender may have clipped him, but nothing doing with the keeper. Slow motion from the side you can see the striker made a good effort of playing for contact with the keeper (and rightly so if you are a Forest fan), but for me too deliberate and ball already rolling out.

Then they put super slow mo from behind the striker and kept doing little advances and rewinds of the clip. Clear as day surprisingly no contact with the defender, but looks a certain penalty from the keeper. Frankly amazed they didn’t give it based on those angles, but from the side which was the better view, there was nothing, he just overran the ball and tried to be cute.

Commentator then says not enough for VAR to give it, but if the ref had given it they wouldn’t make him cancel it. How can that possibly get to the right answer?!?! It is or it isn’t. Madness

Clear and obvious error needs to go.

Super slow motion looking for any and all contact needs to go.

A great example of VAR chaos for Forest. Barcodes defender had a nibble at their striker, didn’t make contact with legs/ankles, striker starts stumbling, begins a jump over the onrushing keeper, realises the ball is running out for a goal kick and subtly and cleverly aborts jump to just run into the keepers armpit (who has already gone to ground).

At full speed from the side it looked like the defender may have clipped him, but nothing doing with the keeper. Slow motion from the side you can see the striker made a good effort of playing for contact with the keeper (and rightly so if you are a Forest fan), but for me too deliberate and ball already rolling out.

Then they put super slow mo from behind the striker and kept doing little advances and rewinds of the clip. Clear as day surprisingly no contact with the defender, but looks a certain penalty from the keeper. Frankly amazed they didn’t give it based on those angles, but from the side which was the better view, there was nothing, he just overran the ball and tried to be cute.

Commentator then says not enough for VAR to give it, but if the ref had given it they wouldn’t make him cancel it. How can that possibly get to the right answer?!?! It is or it isn’t. Madness

it is supposed to be a contact sport after all

The mens rea in this particular circumstance is irrelevant (though I take the point I used the term blatant). Studding a player on the face (endangering an opponent), with what could easily be conceived as a deliberate stamp, is a red card, we and he got away with one.

Anyway, back to the ale for you.
whatever, oh, boots go on the ground, heads are normally 6ft above that, how can you say a player is endangering the safety of another when that other player deliberately puts his head on a place where boots are supposed to go (the ground)? You are looking for things that aren't there, it's called confirmation bias. You want to see it, you do see it and you reinforce it with the 'availability heuristic' (something that you can easily recall that take san undue prominence in your decision making model).

I'm fine for ale thanks.

VAR, pitch-side VAR reviews, blue cards, 5 (half of outfield players) subs, reviewing heading the ball, stop the game for faked head injuries so the physio can hypnotise him with his finger (look into the eyes, not around the eyes), excessive added time depending who you are and what the score is, FFP, P&SR…

Football is in good hands!

Hold on, what do you think the right decision was?

Not a fan of this, our treatment with yellow cards is bad enough. If you play fullback or holding mid for Everton in a big game you’re getting a yellow in the first few mins so you can’t make another tackle all game.

Imagine us with the blue cards, we’d so much as look at any of Oliver Atwell Tierney Pawson and they’d have half the team in the sin bin.

I’d put a big wager on after the end of the first season of this being in use we’d have received the most blue cards and Liverpool would have received the least.

The Blue card thing is madness. Soon as someone is carded the opposition will just be sat back for 10 minutes.

I would be entrigued to know who is making the decisions in football. Seems to be a bunch of suits who dont understand the sport.

The Blue card thing is madness. Soon as someone is carded the opposition will just be sat back for 10 minutes.

I would be entrigued to know who is making the decisions in football. Seems to be a bunch of suits who dont understand the sport.

Bunch of matchfixing bureaucrats interested in making cash only. They’ll destroy the game, they already have.

Bunch of matchfixing bureaucrats interested in making cash only. They’ll destroy the game, they already have.

Thankfully you get the feeling a lot of football fans are starting to wake up to what is going on.

I remember even just 12-18 months back, we were highlighting the corruption of FFP & P&S and how many laughed at us because we had "wasted money on rubbish players" so apparently deserved everything that came to us.

Villa, WHU & Newcastle fans will be next to realise the corruption on show. Blue Cards will just be another tool used to try influence the preferred outcome of a match.

You wont see one given to a Haaland or Salah when they're playing one of the other 14 sides.

Thankfully you get the feeling a lot of football fans are starting to wake up to what is going on.

I remember even just 12-18 months back, we were highlighting the corruption of FFP & P&S and how many laughed at us because we had "wasted money on rubbish players" so apparently deserved everything that came to us.

Villa, WHU & Newcastle fans will be next to realise the corruption on show. Blue Cards will just be another tool used to try influence the preferred outcome of a match.

You wont see one given to a Haaland or Salah when they're playing one of the other 14 sides.

Don’t worry, if we just follow what Brighton and Brentford are going it will lead to continuous top 4 qualification and trophies. Checks the table….

And in the Villa/Man U match today Lindeloff had a full handful of the villa players shirt, but no penalty. Why doesn't VAR look at that as it seems to be clear and obvious to me..........with a nod to the unwritten/unspoken rule that shirt pulling isn't a foul in the box.

What I imagine the preferred premier league spectacle to be - in football form .....

niamhsdaddy-big-daddy.gif
Haven't thought of him in years. Loved him as a kid.

The handball in our game against City wasn't even checked as far as I'm aware.

On another point, I haven't seen that Godfrey incident, they've removed all vids due to copyright.