VAR

Just saw the handball. I cannot believe the they deemed that by his side and accidental. That is as bad as the Rodri for one me.
It's nowhere near as bad as that. Rodri's deliberate handball was the epitome of big club given decision at big moment, there was absolutely no reason not to give that penalty. It still stands as one of the worst decisions VAR's been involved in.

This is just an accidental handball, it's not really something I think penalties should be given for. I guess if the ref had given it wouldn't have been overturned because he did put his arms out, but it's far from stonewall (though it would be nice to get a subjective decision in our favour at some point this season). The poor decision for Onana obviously can't mean this definitely should be a penalty.

Thats there new get out of jail card these days

Elite clubs/players
'its a modern day penalty'
'there's contact'
'in todays game that's a foul'
'it's probably an orange card'......they used this one at the weekend for the Chelsea game!
'The forward has been clever there'

Other club/player etc....its worded completely differently
'not enough for a penalty for me'
'thats not enough contact to go down'
'the refs letting the game flow'
''he's not in control, thats a red'
'Ohhhhhhhhhh GET UP!'..........................specifically Carragher on Richarlison
'

Can i add to these again and just put

Elite club/player etc
His arms out there, that's handball!

Other club/player
His arms are by his side.....honest
Actually, its not intentional........oh do you know what...its just not a penalty, i don't have to answer to you!

We will not get a meaningful pen decision go our way this season. We might get one in a deadrubber at the end so they can say 'see, they do gets pens!' as a consolation in a 5-1 defeat to Arsenal.
Was about to say the same, wouldn't be surprised if we got one at City after being 3 goals down!

It fans the flames of at least the stat of us not getting a penalty, a bit like the Lucas red card v Spurs with 2 minutes left

"The ECHO understands VAR did look at the incident but referee Thomas Bramall was not requested to review his pitchside monitor because, according to the officials, Robinson’s arms were deemed to be down by his side when contact was made."
A “not fit for purpose” system, being administered by incompetent people who have no understanding of actually how the game is played!
What could possibly go wrong?

I think as blues we're blinded by bias and for the past 18months or so have got it in our heads that all the referees and PL's execs have come together and decided they're going to deliberately call decisions against us.

Let's not forget that this (https://streamin.me/v/a576b535) was not given as a pen against us earlier this season.

1706710467184.png

Last nights 'handball' should in no world ever be a penalty. We've had 1-2 this season (Onana v Spurs and Beto v Palace) that I think we should've got, but this isn't one of them. As a fanbase we've gotten into the moany mindset of late and forget that pretty much all clubs in the league have had poor decisions go against them.

I think as blues we're blinded by bias and for the past 18months or so have got it in our heads that all the referees and PL's execs have come together and decided they're going to deliberately call decisions against us.

Let's not forget that this (https://streamin.me/v/a576b535) was not given as a pen against us earlier this season.

View attachment 244301

Last nights 'handball' should in no world ever be a penalty. We've had 1-2 this season (Onana v Spurs and Beto v Palace) that I think we should've got, but this isn't one of them. As a fanbase we've gotten into the moany mindset of late and forget that pretty much all clubs in the league have had poor decisions go against them.

Hard to see from the image but looking at that Mykolenko doesn't have his arm fully raised at a 45 degree angle as though he's just starting his run up for a dive.

Was that the same game that Keane had a goal chalked off early on after the Fulham goalkeeper jumped into a stationary Tarkowski...

Hard to see from the image but looking at that Mykolenko doesn't have his arm fully raised at a 45 degree angle as though he's just starting his run up for a dive.

Was that the same game that Keane had a goal chalked off early on after the Fulham goalkeeper jumped into a stationary Tarkowski...

His arm is no more by his side than Robinson's last night. And yes it was, which is kinda my point, the standard of decisions are pish for every side, not just us.

1706710945862.png

View attachment 244301

I don't think its a conspiracy its just very frustrating when decisions tot up against you and don't seem to balance themselves out.