VAR

It’s sounds like they are full of glee and can’t wait to give it. No critical thinking involved.

It's scandalous mate. I want it chucking in the bin along with that bellend Webb, all the refs, all the VAR equipment, Richard Masters, Danny Murphy (because its the right thing to do) and whilst they're chucking all the crap away they can chuck the rs and their whinging bellend manager in the bin as well.

I thought Webb's mention of the potential controversy if they didn't give it was interesting. I've always felt they give decisions based on how much controversy there is likely to be, and no matter which way you look at it a penalty not given for City will always attract more controversy than a penalty not given for Everton for the same incident. It can't be fair.

I thought Webb's mention of the potential controversy if they didn't give it was interesting. I've always felt they give decisions based on how much controversy there is likely to be, and no matter which way you look at it a penalty not given for City will always attract more controversy than a penalty not given for Everton for the same incident. It can't be fair.
Yeah, i agree with this!

See the same sort of thing with Wolves should of had a last minute penalty at Old Trafford etc!

They know its going to be headline news, so its best to err on the side of caution and give things for the people/fanbase/club who have a bigger set of client journo's/pundits/fans/etc

This is what winds me up they’re basically bare faced liars. All this shouldn’t be a pen but under the rules this season it is. Well it wasn’t at old Trafford earlier in the season when Garnacho fired a ball at Romero, who was just standing in a defensive posture. He wasn’t diving in, to block a shot, he was further away than Onana and the shot wasn’t as powerful. His arm was away from his body under the rules 100% a pen Yet the referee didn’t give it and Var didn’t either
Thats there new get out of jail card these days

Elite clubs/players
'its a modern day penalty'
'there's contact'
'in todays game that's a foul'
'it's probably an orange card'......they used this one at the weekend for the Chelsea game!
'The forward has been clever there'

Other club/player etc....its worded completely differently
'not enough for a penalty for me'
'thats not enough contact to go down'
'the refs letting the game flow'
''he's not in control, thats a red'
'Ohhhhhhhhhh GET UP!'..........................specifically Carragher on Richarlison
'

Gareth Bale when he was bank on loan used the "there was contact" like if someone touches him he throws his monkey gub onto the floor, it has taken something from the game at that level that this is accepted

So the VAR decision of DCL's red cars was a clear and obvious error, according to the appeal panel. The VAR decision was the error. The device that is supposed to correct clear and obvious errors made by referees, made a clear and obvious error and told the referee to do the same, despite slow mo and replays from every angle.

Can they be THAT incompetent? I doubt it. Therefore, corruption or bias is the only rational conclusion.

Elite clubs/players
'there's contact'
'it's probably an orange card'......they used this one at the weekend for the Chelsea game!

'Ohhhhhhhhhh GET UP!'..........................specifically Carragher on Richarlison
'
I love it mate hit the nail on the head.

Elite clubs/players
'there's contact'

'
Spot on

Not seen anyone mention this anywhere..... considering there was VAR in play last night, what do people think of Lerma's challenge which led to the free kick / goal?

Surely the type of challenge that they are trying to remove from the game?

Picture1.png

It's absolutely pathetic what he's saying there, the bellend who runs VAR hasn't got a clue.

Never in a million years was that a pen and I think @Jacko93 has just mentioned that he thinks it's the linesman on the bullens/Street end side that actually gives it. If that's the case, that's a linesman who is about 50/60 yards away from action and wouldn't have any kind of view at all.

So, from that audio, we need to work out if it was the family enclosure lineman who gave it or if it was the bullens road lineman who gave it
Thats why I never understand when people make a big thing about wanting to hear the audio and saying we should hear it live its not like we don't know how they've come to the decision so it makes no difference its just them saying it in real time instead of later.