VAR & rule changes next season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way VAR has been used in la liga has to been to massively enhance the big team bias.

The pressure on refs at OT and Anfield to use VAR to help the home team will be crazy.
Picture the scene, Everton 1-1 Liverpool at Anfield, Liverpool score do you think there is any chance in hell the Ref is checking it out? Everton score and you have 50,000 Kopites roaring at him, he'll not be able to check it quick enough.
I don't think it will be like that but that's just me, Refs would get sacked instantly imo if they pulled crazy stuff like this but let's wait and see.

Picture the scene, Everton 1-1 Liverpool at Anfield, Liverpool score do you think there is any chance in hell the Ref is checking it out? Everton score and you have 50,000 Kopites roaring at him, he'll not be able to check it quick enough.

It’s not the ref that suggest it gets checked out it’ll be pointed out in his ear then he’ll decide to change or have another look.

The keeper must keep on his line till the ball is kicked when a penalty is being taken...

Var will order the kick to be re-taken if keeper moves off his line before ball has been kicked & penalty has been saved....

Pickford take note please...

Apparently they've already said they won't use VAR for that it's up to the linesman to call it.

I don't think it will be like that but that's just me, Refs would get sacked instantly imo if they pulled crazy stuff like this but let's wait and see.
If you think they're doing it now but getting away with it then why on earth would they not get away with it then? I keep hearing this argument but it makes absolutely no sense. As soon as you suggest that certain teams currently get favourable decisions you have to accept that the same would happen with VAR. Just look at the spitting, elbowing, and ankle breaker incidents from yesterday's England game to see how VAR can ignore certain incidents if the decision is made to do so.

It’s not the ref that suggest it gets checked out it’ll be pointed out in his ear then he’ll decide to change or have another look.

So the person pointing it out to him in his ear will be completely neutral and have no bias towards the top 6?

Said it in the other thread but the whole media creating a whirlwind of controversy about a correct decision is going to break me. Same as players getting in officials faces when something’s been overturned.

I don't think it will be like that but that's just me, Reffs would get sacked instantly imo if they pulled crazy stuff like this but let's wait and see.
Erm, are you really, really sure on that? Where you been all your life?
spitboy on Lescott, Clattenberg, Rodwell, Suarez on Super Kev and Distan, Hutchinson goal, etc, etc, etc

....I remember Arshavin scoring a goal in the Kop end many years ago. They reviewed it at half-time on Sky with Gerrard on the panel, and it was shown that Arshavin was marginally on side and the goal was correct. With a serious straight face, Gerrard said: “no, that goal should be disallowed because that counts as offside here”. That comment has always stayed in mind.

The Reds scored a few offside goals last year, I remember a ridiculous one in a draw at West Ham. They won’t be allowed next season.

They will trust me. Just like the retrospective ban (Niasse and Salah) the "Sky 4" will circumnavigate the rules.
Couldn't find the article, but in it it pointed out that the RS would have limped into 3/4th place and Salah would have been banned for over 10 games if VAR was in place and it helped make all correct decisions.

The ex-referree (Dermot Gallagher I think) who said in his book that refs are told that, if in doubt, side with the big 4 as they are the ones that bring in the foreign tv money and pay their wages.

VAR in theory should bring correct decisons and root out the Sky 4 bias, but it won't. It wouldn't have been agreed if this was the case. From Blatter and Platini down, football is as corrupt as a USSR satellite government!

Status
Not open for further replies.