VAN EYES RETURN

Status
Not open for further replies.
New low reached.

Mind you, with Carsley gone and Johnson seemingly following him through the exit door, we might have to keep up our FIFA quota of baldies:

"From season 2008/09, every club must have at least one slap head to fullfill European Union equality of opportunity laws" - Sepp Blatter,

efc__1216037201_van.jpg

Last edited:
VAN EYES RETURN

Andy van der Meyde wants to stay with Everton and get his career back on track.

The Dutchman has seen his career at Goodison hampered by injuries and disciplinary problems since joining in 2005.

But he was with the Blues in Switzerland last week and played in the 1-0 defeat to FC Sion on Saturday afternoon.

Speaking to the Liverpool Echo, van der Meyde said: “I need to stay as fit as I can and not get any more injuries.

“If I can do that, then maybe everything will be all right. I want to do my best.

“It’s difficult but I hope I can still be important for Everton. I don’t want to get too carried away. There is still lots of work to be done and there is big challenge ahead.”

Media reports have linked the winger with a move away from Everton, but the 28-year-old wants to stay and attempt to prove himself.

“I’m not looking to go anywhere else," he declared. "I want to stay with Everton and that has always been the case.

“I have had difficult times but I want to give something back to everyone.

“I also want to do it for myself. It has been too long since I played well. I’ve been thinking about pre-season all summer and now I just want to get myself right.”

Indeed, the experience of playing 90 minutes on Saturday meant a lot to van der Meyde.

“It was so nice to be playing again,” he added. “It is such a long time since I have had that feeling. I played 90 minutes, we lost but the result doesn’t count.

“Right now things are all about getting yourself into good physical shape and we had a really good week.

“If you put the hard work in now, you will get things back later on. Pre-season isn’t nice for footballers but you have to get on with it and do your very best.”

http://evertonfc.com/news/archive/van-eyes-return.html

[Poor language removed] off
t'ra
*waves*

Ah too bad that some GOT posters have taken to childish remarks regarding VDM.

No change there then.

Superb player on his day. A proper winger, someone who can beat their man with raw pace and skill and deliver a brilliant cross.

Come on Andy :).

Personaly anytime ive seen him play at best hes ok, at worse crap, regardless of anything else i am not a fan of his as a player! [Poor language removed] is a strong word and hes sailed close to it on a few occasions!

Status
Not open for further replies.