Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kopites ???
Because Everton fans are not worrying now that Usmanov is onboard
Interestingly, I have just had a look at RAWk for the first time.
The layout is atrocious.
Anyway, when discussing us and our finances/funding, a lot of the comments are very similar to what Davek is saying here.

Not surprising the headlines about looking at Usmanov. It's part of the US dominated Premier league - lfc, Arsenal, United, Spurs - deciding that non America owners or those without US interests will not prosper in the premier league. City and Chelsea got in before the takeover of English football by the Americans. Abromovic has been seen off being refused a residency visa.

"Following the delay in the renewal of Abramovich's British visa by the Home Office, and his subsequent withdrawal of the application, in May 2018 Chelsea halted plans to build a £500m stadium in south-west London due to the "unfavourable investment climate" and the lack of assurances about Abramovich's immigration status. Abramovich was set to invest hundreds of millions of pounds for the construction of the stadium.[93][94] "

Chelsea will not be challenging for the league in the distant future, probably until an American consortium takes over.

City's owners are now the main focus, now that Abramovich is out of the way with the 'human rights' issues now making the headlines. Moshiri/Usmanov's involvement with us will most certainly not be taken lightly by the real powers behind the premier league.

'Investigating' us will become the 'sport' of the sports media.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nchester-city-yellow-ribbon-fa-fine-abu-dhabi

Attachments

• 1579205602867.png
    1579205602867.png
    318 bytes · Views: 56
Usmanov is very smart. He could have announced a pre stadium sponsorship package, but there is already precedent for that. I have detailed before, I happen to think we are in quite a strong position on this, I mean City agreed in 2014 £80 million p/a with shirt sponsorship and the money in the game has close to doubled since then. So 30 million p/a would have got passed, but it would have been a bit tricky.

There is no precedent for this. So in any legal sense, good luck proving it does not meet the "market test" when there is an absence of any such market in existence. How do they think that is going to play out in a court of law?

The PL (who have ok'd it but a couple of snitch clubs are getting a bit uppity) will ok this and put them in their place. For self-preservation alone. Usmanov has far deeper pockets than them. They will not want a legal battle on terms outlined above. As they will lose, and have to pay his (not insubstantial costs). They would also be liable to a counter claim, from both Everton football club,Usmanov himself and from USM who have made this business decision. If they argue it has had just a 1% impact on their standing thats £150 million owed to Usmanov. It would bankrupt them before the organisation.

So once the PL pipe down the uppity clubs, then the principle will have been established, and we can become more brazen about sponsorships.

The real stupidity in all of this, was the thing to quibble was the 12 million (doubled) fee for the training ground. I mean that would struggle on a market test far more!

Indeed. I’m also led to believe that while this practice of advance payments is new to the EPL that it does happen in the commercial world, although I would defer to @Jacko93 on this....

...but as you also say, the opportunity for legal challenge will put the EPL off....

interesting times for us......

Not surprising the headlines about looking at Usmanov. It's part of the US dominated Premier league - lfc, Arsenal, United, Spurs - deciding that non America owners or those without US interests will not prosper in the premier league. City and Chelsea got in before the takeover of English football by the Americans. Abromovic has been seen off being refused a residency visa.

"Following the delay in the renewal of Abramovich's British visa by the Home Office, and his subsequent withdrawal of the application, in May 2018 Chelsea halted plans to build a £500m stadium in south-west London due to the "unfavourable investment climate" and the lack of assurances about Abramovich's immigration status. Abramovich was set to invest hundreds of millions of pounds for the construction of the stadium.[93][94] "

Chelsea will not be challenging for the league in the distant future, probably until an American consortium takes over.

City's owners are now the main focus, now that Abramovich is out of the way with the 'human rights' issues now making the headlines. Moshiri/Usmanov's involvement with us will most certainly not be taken lightly by the real powers behind the premier league.

'Investigating' us will become the 'sport' of the sports media.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nchester-city-yellow-ribbon-fa-fine-abu-dhabi

Abramovich was denied a visa because of his close links to Putin, at a time when Putin was sending KGB operatives to Salisbury to poison people with a nerve agent. Then you have Abu Dhabi they are rightly being criticised because of their abhorrent record on human rights not because City are winning games.

As for USM of course there is going to be negative publicity. Let's face it Russia's assets were sold off on the cheap to Putin's friends. Given that there is evidence that Putin was involved in interfering in both the US election that saw Trump come to power and the disastrous referendum that saw us leave the EU I for one think it is inevitable.

Everyone bandied about that Russian businessmen are "dodgy" but there isn't really anything underhand about Usmanov is there?. I guess the way they go about things in retaliation is a bit murky but I guess that is their culture.

The Soviet Union broke up almost thirty years ago and he benefitted by the selling off of state owned utilities but what else can be classed as shady or underhand about him?

Let’s be honest Usmanov would win an argument with the EPL you don’t have as much money as he does and have a solicitor who celebrates you getting 12 months in prison as a good result. His solicitor will have had all formalities covered. It will just be other clubs flapping it because we are coming for them simple as that I would say

Usmanov is very smart. He could have announced a pre stadium sponsorship package, but there is already precedent for that. I have detailed before, I happen to think we are in quite a strong position on this, I mean City agreed in 2014 £80 million p/a with shirt sponsorship and the money in the game has close to doubled since then. So 30 million p/a would have got passed, but it would have been a bit tricky.

There is no precedent for this. So in any legal sense, good luck proving it does not meet the "market test" when there is an absence of any such market in existence. How do they think that is going to play out in a court of law?

The PL (who have ok'd it but a couple of snitch clubs are getting a bit uppity) will ok this and put them in their place. For self-preservation alone. Usmanov has far deeper pockets than them. They will not want a legal battle on terms outlined above. As they will lose, and have to pay his (not insubstantial costs). They would also be liable to a counter claim, from both Everton football club,Usmanov himself and from USM who have made this business decision. If they argue it has had just a 1% impact on their standing thats £150 million owed to Usmanov. It would bankrupt them before the organisation.

So once the PL pipe down the uppity clubs, then the principle will have been established, and we can become more brazen about sponsorships.

The real stupidity in all of this, was the thing to quibble was the 12 million (doubled) fee for the training ground. I mean that would struggle on a market test far more!

My god you really haven't got the faintest clue of what you are talking about.

What legal battle, what costs, what counter claim.

As part of signing up to the Premier League you agree not to take legal action through the courts. That is a given. If you are not happy about a decision then your recourse is through CAS. The court of Arbitration for Sport.

The best part though is your comical assertion that Usmanov who by the way doesn't own a single share in us is richer than the Premier League. You do realise that the premier League is owned by it's 20 Clubs. So if you want to carry on with this my Dad is bigger than your Dad nonsense please consider how wealthy the Premier League Clubs and it's owners are.

Again your nonsense about how clever we have been shows your breathtaking lack of knowledge on the subject. We haven't got away with anything yet. It doesn't work like that. When we submit our next accounts the Premier League will look at money coming in from associated companies and then make a decision. Nothing has been passed as of yet.

People like you are dangerous. The truth is we have just posted a truly mind bogglingly annual loss in the accounts. we have an average squad despite Moshiri propping us up to the tune of £350m. Yet you try to deflect attention from a very worrying financial position with fairy stories about who the real owner is.

Until we are in the new Stadium with increased revenues then we are in one of the most precarious positions in our history. Your fairy stories won't alter that. So please stop with your mixture of the odd fact mixed with outrageous embellishments.

As part of signing up to the Premier League you agree not to take legal action through the courts. That is a given. If you are not happy about a decision then your recourse is through CAS. The court of Arbitration for Sport.

The best part though is your comical assertion that Usmanov who by the way doesn't own a single share in us is richer than the Premier League. You do realise that the premier League is owned by it's 20 Clubs. So if you want to carry on with this my Dad is bigger than your Dad nonsense please consider how wealthy the Premier League Clubs and it's owners are.

Again your nonsense about how clever we have been shows your breathtaking lack of knowledge on the subject. We haven't got away with anything yet. It doesn't work like that. When we submit our next accounts the Premier League will look at money coming in from associated companies and then make a decision. Nothing has been passed as of yet.

People like you are dangerous. The truth is we have just posted a truly mind bogglingly annual loss in the accounts. we have an average squad despite Moshiri propping us up to the tune of £350m. Yet you try to deflect attention from a very worrying financial position with fairy stories about who the real owner is.

Until we are in the new Stadium with increased revenues then we are in one of the most precarious positions in our history. Your fairy stories won't alter that. So please stop with your mixture of the odd fact mixed with outrageous embellishments.
You're far too angry about this to be a blue. It's the most exciting time in the past 30 odd years to be be supporting Everton. There's nothing precarious about our affairs.

And i don't get how you can suggest catcherintherye is dangerous ? Wtf?

Abramovich was denied a visa because of his close links to Putin, at a time when Putin was sending KGB operatives to Salisbury to poison people with a nerve agent. Then you have Abu Dhabi they are rightly being criticised because of their abhorrent record on human rights not because City are winning games.

As for USM of course there is going to be negative publicity. Let's face it Russia's assets were sold off on the cheap to Putin's friends. Given that there is evidence that Putin was involved in interfering in both the US election that saw Trump come to power and the disastrous referendum that saw us leave the EU I for one think it is inevitable.
And our red neighbours the Americans are squeaky clean
Well except for mass murder,government overthrows ,sweat factories,meddling in foreign governments,civil rights abuses , but hey they have a load of Norwegian fans so they must be OK

This is really getting to you isnt it.
The more you post the more of a delusional parody you become.
Go out into the fresh air lad,try talking to a girl

Your ma is dangerous.

And our red neighbours the Americans are squeaky clean
Well except for mass murder,government overthrows ,sweat factories,meddling in foreign governments,civil rights abuses , but hey they have a load of Norwegian fans so they must be OK

As I said you add so much to the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.