Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame the manager, blame the players, but the fact is that 2019 Everton isnt very good.

It can improve with a new manager and new players, but currently we arent good enough to win games, as our recent form shows.

I do not think I am quite a manic depressive as you but have some optimism.:)

Based on what tho?

The fact that we won a few trinkets 30 years ago?
More “
Based on what tho?

For me, more “overall history and standing”.

Genuinely not being disrespectful, but we are a cut above Watford and Bournemouth.

Perhaps at the moment there’s, like, a ton of work to do, but overall we’re magnificent.

For example, currently we’re having what we consider a really bad season - for those clubs it’d be a really good one.

I do not think I am quite a manic depressive as you but have some optimism.:)

I have plenty of optimism.

Im just realistic as to what we currently are, a nothing club.

That doesnt mean I dont believe things can improve, im certain they will, I just understand how people can make statements like WE ARE BETTER THAN XXXXXX when everything points to us not being.

We should be beating them.

That’s not disrespect.

It’s standards.

We should, but we should be beating the likes of United, City and the brethren too yet the latter aside it's seen as no disgrace if we lose to a big 6 but if a Bournemouth, Watford, Leicester type beat us its sneered on that 'how dare those sides beat the mighty Everton, they should be grateful to be sharing the same pitch'. If a team beats us, fair and square, then they should be given due respect (unless it's that lot) because they've earnt it

More “

For me, more “overall history and standing”.

Genuinely not being disrespectful, but we are a cut above Watford and Bournemouth.

Perhaps at the moment there’s, like, a ton of work to do, but overall we’re magnificent.

For example, currently we’re having what we consider a really bad season - for those clubs it’d be a really good one.

Football is played on grass, not in trophy cabinets, I agree, Watford and Bournemouth are nothing clubs, but whether we like or not they are currently better than us. Just as Burnley were last season, none of these teams will ever achieve what we have done, but that was the past, as for the future, well we are likely to do more than these will also. But the here and now, whether its a crap manager, toxic fanbase, crap players, crap owner or for whatever reason they are better.

Funny how the same fans saying we haven't a God given right to be above the likes of Wolves were likely fuming and laughing at Southampton fans claiming they were a bigger club than us because they had finished above us 2 seasons in a row. Whats the difference other than expectations appear to have dropped since those days when we still won nothing?

That's what we'll be getting off Wolves and Watford fans if we keep this dolt on for another season.
Sorry mate but I was certainly NOT "fuming and laughing" thats their opinion......."those days when we won nothing?" like the last 25 years? we are mid table no matter which way you look at it......EFC, lowering expectations/aspirations for even longer......30 years to be precise.

Based on what tho?

I agree

Our fan base need to drastically lower their expectations

We are now a bottom half relegation type team and will be for the next 3 years.

We will be lucky if we don't end up like villa and Sunderland

All the teams around us will keep getting stronger while we will struggle to sign anyone

I agree

All the teams around us will keep getting stronger while we will struggle to sign anyone

Erm no, we defo should never lower our expectations, we should always strive for more, we should always demand more.

NSNO Frank.

I agree

Wouldn't go that far my drunken friend, but we will be 7-10 unless we start being smarter with transfers and clearing out the wage thieves

Erm no, we defo should never lower our expectations, we should always strive for more, we should always demand more.

NSNO Frank.
I demand more and just get told to shut up half the time.

We've hired the equivolent of that yank Swansea had. So we better get used to bottom half type stuff.

Football is played on grass, not in trophy cabinets, I agree, Watford and Bournemouth are nothing clubs, but whether we like or not they are currently better than us. Just as Burnley were last season, none of these teams will ever achieve what we have done, but that was the past, as for the future, well we are likely to do more than these will also. But the here and now, whether its a crap manager, toxic fanbase, crap players, crap owner or for whatever reason they are better.
I see your point of course.

You’re not wrong.

I just think we have that extra thing.

I see your point of course.

You’re not wrong.

I just think we have that extra thing.

We have preconceptions.

When I grew up Everton were the greatest team in the world, we won trinkets, my son has grown and we havent won a sausage, but his Dad has told him how great we were, wiki has shown him all the trophies we won, I mean the first paragraph on Wiki tells us how great we are.

Everton Football Club (/ˈɛvərtən/) is a football club in Liverpool, England, that competes in the Premier League, the top flight of English football. The club have competed in the top division for a record 116 seasons, missing the top division only four times (1930–31 and three consecutive seasons starting with 1951–52) since The Football League was created in 1888. Everton have won 15 major trophies: the League Championship nine times (fourth most as of 2017–18), the FA Cup five times (ninth most) and the UEFA Cup Winners Cup once.

So of course, we have that extra thing, we have a proud history and for all the media bias we cry about, when we are good, we always get a good press, I think a lot of the media give us the respect we deserve.

So in my heart, we are still the greatest team in the world, but my head tells me its been 24 years since we last won a trophy and my head tells me that we are miles away from where we need to be, were we SHOULD BE and oh look, theres my heart again.

Status
Not open for further replies.