Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFP is over but people need a return on their money. Any investment needs to be justified. That's what my Dad told me when he stopped paying for my piano lessons anyway.

I think there's lots in this. It's a bit late so I'll try to be brief;

1) Not every investment will want to be seen with an immediate return. City is now valued at 4.5 bn. If you create a super cub it pays off long term.

2) We do not know if he is interested in turning a profit, or just doing it philanthropically.

3) We do not know if there is wider things here to benefit from (access to property in Liverpool) and Everton is merely a condiut.

4) If as Dominic Grieve suggests, Russian money is merely an extension of the Russian states foreign policy, then in truth all bets are off. However Everton turning a conventional profit will not be of much importance.

I think there's lots in this. It's a bit late so I'll try to be brief;

1) Not every investment will want to be seen with an immediate return. City is now valued at 4.5 bn. If you create a super cub it pays off long term.

2) We do not know if he is interested in turning a profit, or just doing it philanthropically.

3) We do not know if there is wider things here to benefit from (access to property in Liverpool) and Everton is merely a condiut.

4) If as Dominic Grieve suggests, Russian money is merely an extension of the Russian states foreign policy, then in truth all bets are off. However Everton turning a conventional profit will not be of much importance.
I get that but as far as we know uzzy doesnt have the same plan as man city. Manchester has been rebuilt on abu dabi money and working with a shrewd local council now resembles a german city and suburbs rather than post industrial north west england. They are playing with money to extend state interests across the globe. So far we've seen only the evidence of the purchase of the liver building to suggest that uzzy has bigger plans even on a local scale. 1

If we're just a tool for their influence is it a worry they could 1 day rinse us and bin us off?
With all owners who are not supporters it is always a risk. But face it, the prem is a global TV show and gambling fest. Division 1 full of British talent had long gone. Not ours anymore.

I get that but as far as we know uzzy doesnt have the same plan as man city. Manchester has been rebuilt on abu dabi money and working with a shrewd local council now resembles a german city and suburbs rather than post industrial north west england. They are playing with money to extend state interests across the globe. So far we've seen only the evidence of the purchase of the liver building to suggest that uzzy has bigger plans even on a local scale. 1

Well it's very unlikely we will ever get told such plans. Everton are also involved in a project that, with all respect would trump the fantastic work City have done in Manchester for that area.

Well it's very unlikely we will ever get told such plans. Everton are also involved in a project that, with all respect would trump the fantastic work City have done in Manchester for that area.
Then the sooner the better. Let Manchester in Irwell melt and for that may we prosper.

It can't be a coincidence that since Vladimir Putin retired as our right full back, Usmanovs involvement has steadily grown. Definitely something fishy going on.
th.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.