Unreserved Seating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn't it be safe. You have 5,000 seats, you sell 5,000 tickets. What's not safe about that?

I just think you're asking for fights and arguments to break out arguing over seats.

When people move through the concourse how do they know which areas are full and which aren't?

I've been in for cup games where people have gathered at the back to sing. It was alright for the few hundred at the back but the rest of the ground probably didn't hear a thing. The noise didn't spread and everyone else sat in silence.

Very worried people think unreserved seating would work in the lower gwladys of all places.

Only the Park End could host it I reckon. The ridiculous amount of obstructed/crap views in the ground means that people will bunch up towards the front

Goodison is capable of being one of the loudest and intense grounds in the country and there's perhaps only been the City 4-0 and the Chelsea 2-0 in the FA Cup in the last 3 or 4 years that have been genuinely great atmospheres. Obviously there's a handful more where I've came away from the ground thinking that the atmosphere was good but they've been few and far between.

The number 1 factor that would improve the atmosphere is obviously becoming a genuinely good team that consistently puts in the performances and gets the results.

The 2nd factor for me would be safe standing. Sections at both ends that group together the people who want to generate a bit of atmosphere all in the same area.

You just need a few stewards to direct people to the right areas.

Regardless, where would the appetite for this be? I'd imagine the majority of people who have season tickets in the stand wouldn't want it.

The only solution to the atmosphere in my eyes is either safe standing or a designated singing section, but even the latter has been tried at plenty of grounds only to have little impact.

We would be better creating a singing section elsewhere in the ground. The Street End would pick up the noise from there and they could bounce off each other.

I'm a huge supporter of unreserved seating but I'm not sure we could do it at Goodison simply because of the way it'll turn out due to the fact that there are so many obstructed views leading to everyone cramming into the front, recipe for disaster. It has to happen at every away ground but as far as our own ground goes, I think we'll have to implement it at BMD.

We could maybe just implement it at certain sections of Goodison though. The Park End could have it no problem, or a particular section of the Street End.

....better results and a downturn in the Reds form will produce a better atmosphere.
This is true, at Burnley when it came through Leicester were beating City, it did have an effect on the atmosphere. Its hard watching us plod along, but it is in the back of everyone's minds whats going on elsewhere.

I'm a huge supporter of unreserved seating but I'm not sure we could do it at Goodison simply because of the way it'll turn out due to the fact that there are so many obstructed views leading to everyone cramming into the front, recipe for disaster. It has to happen at every away ground but as far as our own ground goes, I think we'll have to implement it at BMD.

We could maybe just implement it at certain sections of the ground. The Park End could have it no problem, or a particular section of the Street End.

I'm not buying a season ticket with the risk I'll be in a bad view + away from my mates.

This is true, at Burnley when it came through Leicester were beating City, it did have an effect on the atmosphere. Its hard watching us plod along, but it is in the back of everyone's minds whats going on elsewhere.

...I honestly think it has more to do with the sense of doom & gloom than people think. If the areas get beat in an early kick-off game before we play, the place is usually buzzing.

Status
Not open for further replies.