Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put Sean Dyche in similar category as Malky Mackay and Neil Warnock: all three would be fabulously ambitious appointments for our dynamic club. Thankfully, I am confident our needle-sharp brains trust (Denise, Blue Bill and Farhad) are rifling through the executive suite’s communal rolodex to access the landline phone numbers of the aforementioned management luminaries.
There’s little question our club enjoys fabulous stewardship...the best in the League? I think so
We don't have these anymore. We live in the Northern hemisphere.

Please god no!! Just look at Arsenal and the players he had at his disposal. Granted, their defence is gash, but if you can't get a tune out of a team with that forward line, you're mince.

A winner with Seville and PSG. Why are some halfwits turning their nose up at this guy?! Get him signed up.

Of course some people will want Eddie Howe or the Moyse back *rollseyes*

I watched seville closely as i bet a lot on the spanish league. When he was there they would turn anyone including barca and real madrid over at home. But away from home they were the softest side in the league. Getting turned over by the teams in the bottom 3 on a regular basis.
I will also add this as a massive negative. Your side needs some backbone in defence. Has done for a while. The last defender on the planet you go and buy is david luiz.
So for me its a massive massive NO.

Sky sports have reported were in talks, really don’t fancy him, don’t think he will be a good fit at all

I think that's the major problem. Personality matters and I think Everton need a larger than life character. Someone dripping with enthusiasm, ambition and a drive to be a success is essential. Big name managers that have a soft character won't work. E.g. Pellegrini at West Ham. A bad fit.

I'm not saying its an easy task to find a manager that has all of the above (e.g. Klopp), so we may have to settle for one that is not as proven in this league but that has those core traits.

This thread just shows how short term fan thinking can be.

I was saying to the other moderators the other day we should be speaking to Emery...

He's a top manager, following Wenger was always a big ask and sometimes managers just dont fit certain clubs.

He looked very weak at Arsenal. When they played at anfield not long ago his tactical formation was basicaly suicide the way that lot are playing. He left the side so exposed. And who puts david luiz as the last line of their defence when the defence is already shoddy?
What exactly are you seeing in him

This thread just shows how short term fan thinking can be.

I was saying to the other moderators the other day we should be speaking to Emery...

He's a top manager, following Wenger was always a big ask and sometimes managers just dont fit certain clubs.

Arsenal is a poisoned chalice especially with that defence of theirs.

Emery isn't my first choice but would do a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.