Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.
what makes you think he can work here after his Arsenal stint.

He finished 5th and a Europa League final last season. He's currently in 8th.

That whole arsenal team needs a longer rebuild than 1 and a half seasons. He's bought about 8 players in his time where they need more (defence and midfield) to compete at the top 3 again.

The fans have turned on him. But can you honestly say they should be challenging with that squad? I think he'd easily do what he did last season again.

We want to get where arsenal are and stay there. We need a manager of his calibre to do that as everyone else hasn't worked.

And also...the arsenal fans are way more fickle than we are. They expect trophies every year and title challenges.

He finished 5th and a Europa League final last season. He's currently in 8th.

That whole arsenal team needs a longer rebuild than 1 and a half seasons. He's bought about 8 players in his time where they need more (defence and midfield) to compete at the top 3 again.

The fans have turned on him. But can you honestly say they should be challenging with that squad? I think he'd easily do what he did last season again.

We want to get where arsenal are and stay there. We need a manager of his calibre to do that as everyone else hasn't worked.

And also...the arsenal fans are way more fickle than we are. They expect trophies every year and title challenges.
No apart from up front the whole squad is pretty poor by Arsenal standards, I haven't watched every Arsenal game but I've heard and seen clips and the way he sets his team up looks all wrong. Even Silva has gotten more points in the last 5 games with Emery. We need someone with a CV like his that isn't Emery. He hasn't convinced me at all nor anyone else which is why he got the boot, He's probably more suited to a different league than the Premiership.

absolute crazy to even consider him. He is plagued by the same problem of trying to play slow deliberate football without the right players.

some continental coach just don’t get what it takes to play efficiently in EPL and he is definitely one of them.

He was my first choice back a couple if years ago. But it's clear what we need. We need a manager who will play intensive football. A much higher tempo than last 4 managers. It's so lacking esp at goodison which is now officially dead.

We need a spark. Not a tactical manager. A manager who will bring at least energy, tackles and intensity first to out off the ball play while has been an utter shambles since Martinez second season. This is the problem at home.

Burnley-Burnley-FC-Sean-Dyche-Danny-Ings-Clarets-Relegation-572514.jpg

I put Sean Dyche in similar category as Malky Mackay and Neil Warnock: all three would be fabulously ambitious appointments for our dynamic club. Thankfully, I am confident our needle-sharp brains trust (Denise, Blue Bill and Farhad) are rifling through the executive suite’s communal rolodex to access the landline phone numbers of the aforementioned management luminaries.
There’s little question our club enjoys fabulous stewardship...the best in the League? I think so

Last edited:

Two of several managers previously “failed” at top clubs, made a success of it elsewhere.

You don’t become a poor manager overnight. For any manager to be a success at any club, lots of different pieces need to be in place. Perhaps Emery didn’t have those pieces at Arsenal.

He’s been a success everywhere else, it’s unsurprising that a club that had one manager for so long is perhaps unfamiliar with a different way of working.

I repeat, you don’t become a bad manager overnight.

Two of several managers previously “failed” at top clubs, made a success of it elsewhere.

You don’t become a poor manager overnight. For any manager to be a success at any club, lots of different pieces need to be in place. Perhaps Emery didn’t have those pieces at Arsenal.

He’s been a success everywhere else, it’s unsurprising that a club that had one manager for so long is perhaps unfamiliar with a different way of working.

I repeat, you don’t become a bad manager overnight.

Disagree, and I’d hardly call winning the Champions league and Multiple trophies at Celtic as failing at top clubs.

I’m not sure what pieces you think we have that Arsenal don’t, we are a basket case in comparison on and off the field. Everton is a tougher job then Arsenal, so why you think he would succeed here isn’t logical. I don’t think he’s that good a manager to be honest, Sevilla had strong support structure with Monchi, while PSG, come on now hardly rags to riches is it and success at both were moderate given the context.

It would be a stupid thing to do.

P.S. Rafael was relegated with Newcastle.

Ceballos, Guendouzi, Luiz, Sokratis and Bellerin are absolutely horrendous. Tierney, I have no idea what people see in him but he looks like a nervous child every time he gets the ball. Ozil was a great player but is finished, he’s essentially Sigurdsson now. Pepe, not seen anywhere near enough of him so couldn’t say. Their squad is not very good at all.

Guendouzi? The same Guendouzi that is only 20 and has already played in midfield for the World Cup winners and who for his club has statistically made the most tackles per game, is third in interceptions, is second highest in pass completions and comfortably betters the much rated on here Torreira in both dribbles and key forward passes..............all the while playing the second most minutes for his club this season...........that Guendouzi?????

Guendouzi? The same Guendouzi that is only 20 and has already played in midfield for the World Cup winners and who for his club has statistically made the most tackles per game, is third in interceptions, is second highest in pass completions and comfortably betters the much rated on here Torreira in both dribbles and key forward passes..............all the while playing the second most minutes for his club this season...........that Guendouzi?????
Never played for France full team.

Status
Not open for further replies.