Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were the start of the season I'd be more tempted by a gamble appointment, in this case, that there were other factors at work in arsenals recent performances and that Emery retains his coaching and tactical skill and would thrive in a new environment. His level at Seville was very high and he was one of the most coveted manager sports in world football as a result.

But it's not the start, the club has hard fixtures ahead, there's a danger that if a new coach doesn't hit the ground running that underperformance become a relegation fight. There's not the margin for error that would allow for a big gamble.

Could start a chain reaction! Here`s hoping......

We will end up with Moyes, Everton that!
I sometimes wonder if anyone remembers the lack of transfer funds DM had available to him when constantly finishing in the top 6. The only downside to his return would be the damage to his reputation since he left us when it comes to getting new players to sign.

If it were the start of the season I'd be more tempted by a gamble appointment, in this case, that there were other factors at work in arsenals recent performances and that Emery retains his coaching and tactical skill and would thrive in a new environment. His level at Seville was very high and he was one of the most coveted manager sports in world football as a result.

But it's not the start, the club has hard fixtures ahead, there's a danger that if a new coach doesn't hit the ground running that underperformance become a relegation fight. There's not the margin for error that would allow for a big gamble.
It will be the same for any manager we appoint,right now anyone is a gamble.The only manager with any level of certainty is Silva...

It will be the same for any manager we appoint,right now anyone is a gamble.The only manager with any level of certainty is Silva...

I accept that any appointment is a gamble but I don't believe it's the same for any appointment. Bringing someone in with no experience of the league for instance represents a bigger gamble than appointing someone with PL experience. In Emery's case, appointing someone whose most recent appointment has resulted in outright failure and questions over his judgement represents too big a risk considering the position that we find ourselves in. At least that's how I see it.

I accept that any appointment is a gamble but I don't believe it's the same for any appointment. Bringing someone in with no experience of the league for instance represents a bigger gamble than appointing someone with PL experience. In Emery's case, appointing someone whose most recent appointment has resulted in outright failure and questions over his judgement represents too big a risk considering the position that we find ourselves in. At least that's how I see it.
Of the realistically available managers with Prem experience with a team in our position your only really looking at Moyse and Allardyce which I doubt will meet with much favour.

Turning down Emery? When did we become like Newcastle fans?
I banged the drum for Emery for years, but I don't think he's well-suited to the Premier League after watching his Arsenal team a fair bit.

The fact that as of last week, almost 18 months in, he was still trying to play out from the back with Sokratis tells me that he hasn't got to grips with this league whatsoever.

I sometimes wonder if anyone remembers the lack of transfer funds DM had available to him when constantly finishing in the top 6. The only downside to his return would be the damage to his reputation since he left us when it comes to getting new players to sign.

Its the equivalent of finishing 7th-8th now as there are 6 "big" clubs.

Also it was ages ago. He is not the same manager, we are not the same club and its barely even the same game.

I banged the drum for Emery for years, but I don't think he's well-suited to the Premier League after watching his Arsenal team a fair bit.

The fact that as of last week, almost 18 months in, he was still trying to play out from the back with Sokratis tells me that he hasn't got to grips with this league whatsoever.

i see what you’re saying but we could potentially be a decent team under him. I’m by no means saying we’d be a champions League club with him in charge but, as we’re in a mess, I’d be happy to see us finish around 7th consistently until we get into the new stadium then it would give Brands time to find someone to take us to the next level. We seem to be dismissing someone who is an established manager. We‘ll probably end up with an no mark like Howe who will definitely prove to be a disaste.

i see what you’re saying but we could potentially be a decent team under him. I’m by no means saying we’d be a champions League club with him in charge but, as we’re in a mess, I’d be happy to see us finish around 7th consistently until we get into the new stadium then it would give Brands time to find someone to take us to the next level. We seem to be dismissing someone who is an established manager. We‘ll probably end up with an no mark like Howe who will definitely prove to be a disaste.

Which is fine, but we could also potentially be a championship team under him, if he continued to struggle to setup a defence in the way he has done at Arsenal. Whereas, although there's no guarantees, I'd be confident Eddie Howe, or Dyche, or Wilder etc would keep the club in the PL.

Which is fine, but we could also potentially be a championship team under him, if he continued to struggle to setup a defence in the way he has done at Arsenal. Whereas, although there's no guarantees, I'd be confident Eddie Howe, or Dyche, or Wilder etc would keep the club in the PL.

but yet they have won nothing just like Silva. Maybe I just need to acknowledge we’re a middle table nothing club so best to go for nothing managers like Howe and Dyche.

Status
Not open for further replies.