Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree, and I’d hardly call winning the Champions league and Multiple trophies at Celtic as failing at top clubs.

I’m not sure what pieces you think we have that Arsenal don’t, we are a basket case in comparison on and off the field. Everton is a tougher job then Arsenal, so why you think he would succeed here isn’t logical. I don’t think he’s that good a manager to be honest, Sevilla had strong support structure with Monchi, while PSG, come on now hardly rags to riches is it and success at both were moderate given the context.

It would be a stupid thing to do.

P.S. Rafael was relegated with Newcastle.

Cant agree that Arsenal is an easier job than Everton. I mean neither are easy but Arsenal had the same manager for twenty odd years and was in the top 4 every season. That's an awful lot of pressure to be put on someone new.

Winning trophies with Celtic is easier than winning them at PSG. There are at least some decent sides in France.

Guendouzi? The same Guendouzi that is only 20 and has already played in midfield for the World Cup winners and who for his club has statistically made the most tackles per game, is third in interceptions, is second highest in pass completions and comfortably betters the much rated on here Torreira in both dribbles and key forward passes..............all the while playing the second most minutes for his club this season...........that Guendouzi?????

Yes, that one. He stinks.

He finished 5th and a Europa League final last season. He's currently in 8th.

That whole arsenal team needs a longer rebuild than 1 and a half seasons. He's bought about 8 players in his time where they need more (defence and midfield) to compete at the top 3 again.

The fans have turned on him. But can you honestly say they should be challenging with that squad? I think he'd easily do what he did last season again.

We want to get where arsenal are and stay there. We need a manager of his calibre to do that as everyone else hasn't worked.

And also...the arsenal fans are way more fickle than we are. They expect trophies every year and title challenges.

He’s made them worse since Wenger left. Can’t think of a player he’s signed that has improved them in any area of the pitch.

Figuratively speaking, I hate to beat a flagging donkey, but rumour has it that the music piped into Everton’s executive suite is a 1973 Stealers Wheel song. Denise, Blue Bill and Farhad, all take turns standing in the middle of the three of them...

Figuratively speaking, I hate to beat a flagging donkey, but rumour has it that the music piped into Everton’s executive suite is a 1973 Stealers Wheel song. Denise, Blue Bill and Farhad, all take turns standing in the middle of the three of them...
I have no idea what this means but it sounded fantastic.

I would take Emery right now, if offered obviously

Its funny how managers are judged these days.

Pochettino, just been sacked whilst in 11th place, won nothing in his career, got to a European final last season. = Wouldn't even consider us.

Emery, just been sacked whilst in 8th place, won 3 Europa Leagues, 2 French Leagues, 2 French Cups, got to a European final last season = Not good enough for us.

Makes no sense really.

I’ve genuinely seen comments from fans that suggest they wouldn’t have Poch or they’re indifferent to his appointment because “well....he’s won nothing”. It’s insane.

PSG -> Arsenal -> Everton

Because having just been sacked it's quite feasible he would now consider us, but to any outsiders this move would look like having climbed the mountain and reached the pinnacle of PSG, he's now descending fast on the way down the other side.

Maybe Emery may look to get back to a Spanish club where he possibly would feel better suited.

Its funny how managers are judged these days.

Pochettino, just been sacked whilst in 11th place, won nothing in his career, got to a European final last season. = Wouldn't even consider us.

Emery, just been sacked whilst in 8th place, won 3 Europa Leagues, 2 French Leagues, 2 French Cups, got to a European final last season = Not good enough for us.

Makes no sense really.

Yes fully agree, it's laughable really - people were seriously thinking Mourinho might consider us.

Pochettino to Arsenal would be an interesting one, even if it's also extremely unlikely given the Spurs Arsenal local enmity.

Tbf I'm not really sure how much value you would put on domestic titles at PSG, their dominance since the state of Qatar took them over is so great they won everything domestically three times in a four year period, Emery in charge for the third of those 'unique' achievements. Neymar wasn't signed just to continue that dominance.

Their season good or bad is entirely judged on their European performance which has been consistently underwhelming. PSG quite quickly decided they needed a change and Tuchel was their latest to fail in Europe

He can barely string a sentence in English without sounding like an imbecile.

Swerve.

Hello @Frang

I wasn`t aware that being able to speak fluent Spanish was amongst your considerable talents ?

Being fluent in Spanish will be of undoubted benefit to you if you`re ever on a long haul in Spain and feel the urge to abduct a Spanish prozzie.

Status
Not open for further replies.