Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was my first choice back a couple if years ago. But it's clear what we need. We need a manager who will play intensive football. A much higher tempo than last 4 managers. It's so lacking esp at goodison which is now officially dead.

We need a spark. Not a tactical manager. A manager who will bring at least energy, tackles and intensity first to out off the ball play while has been an utter shambles since Martinez second season. This is the problem at home.

Same old scenario, they aren’t playing well but they ARE good players. That’s why he’s been sacked mate
Not ozil or luiz obvs
They really aren't. Some of them were but aren't anymore. Others might be but aren't yet. But right now most of them are below average.

....Everton is still a massive job. These managers have big ego and will believe they can succeed with us, much better coming to us after barren years because they know the owner will invest.

i have no idea who we should get but there will be plenty of takers. Not so keen on the manager merry-go-round so Emery would be a concern given his failure at Arsenal.
I genuinely do not think Everton is a massive job. I’d concede that within English football, it’s a largish one but that’s about it. 35 years of insignificance has consequences...

Matty, you’re usually a poster who provides insightful perspicacity to the forum. However, on this occasion I feel your ambivalence toward facing cold truths, is somewhat impeding your accurate assessing the reality.
Cognitive dissonance can cripple cognition...don’t be its victim. You are too highly regarded to be a victim
lollol You are good.

Matty, you’re usually a poster who provides insightful perspicacity to the forum. However, on this occasion I feel your ambivalence toward facing cold truths, is somewhat impeding your accurate assessing the reality.
Cognitive dissonance can cripple cognition...don’t be its victim. You are too highly regarded to be a victim

Enough with the nonsense mate. Silva won’t be Everton manager end of the season therefore he won’t be taking us down.

Utterly clueless in this league. He's mirrored El Broguez tenure here, took over a well drilled squad, decent first season which was bottled at the end. Downward spiral from then on.
I'm just amazed people think Arsenal have a good team. They have Aubameyang and Lacazette but after that it is really poor. Their only hope is a manager who can come in and stack enough bodies behind the ball that they can prevent goals launch counters with those two. Outside of that the team won't be improving much this season.

I'm just amazed people think Arsenal have a good team. They have Aubameyang and Lacazette but after that it is really poor. Their only hope is a manager who can come in and stack enough bodies behind the ball that they can prevent goals launch counters with those two. Outside of that the team won't be improving much this season.

Strikers aside there awful our squad is miles better.

Strikers aside there awful our squad is miles better.
I don't know if we are miles better. Mina and Digne are better than any of their defenders but our midfield is just as messy. Iwobi should still be in their squad and I genuinely don't get why they thought selling him to spend more on Pepe was necessary given the holes they have elsewhere.

They really aren't. Some of them were but aren't anymore. Others might be but aren't yet. But right now most of them are below average.
So 7 of the first 8 players in that list are “below average”
Laughable

so many fans confuse drop in form with being a bad player. I guarantee you, if arse get agood manager they will all be good players again. It’s been like this since competitive football started and yet some never get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.