Unai Emery

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 of the first 8 are/should be good players

Ceballos, Guendouzi, Luiz, Sokratis and Bellerin are absolutely horrendous. Tierney, I have no idea what people see in him but he looks like a nervous child every time he gets the ball. Ozil was a great player but is finished, he’s essentially Sigurdsson now. Pepe, not seen anywhere near enough of him so couldn’t say. Their squad is not very good at all.

Ceballos, Guendouzi, Luiz, Sokratis and Bellerin are absolutely horrendous. Tierney, I have no idea what people see in him but he looks like a nervous child every time he gets the ball. Ozil was a great player but is finished, he’s essentially Sigurdsson now. Pepe, not seen anywhere near enough of him so couldn’t say. Their squad is not very good at all.
Same old scenario, they aren’t playing well but they ARE good players. That’s why he’s been sacked mate
Not ozil or luiz obvs

Can’t see anyone who wants a managerial future being interested in the Everton job...it’s like the kiss of death. Marco’s position is secure even if we get relegated.

NSNO

....Everton is still a massive job. These managers have big ego and will believe they can succeed with us, much better coming to us after barren years because they know the owner will invest.

i have no idea who we should get but there will be plenty of takers. Not so keen on the manager merry-go-round so Emery would be a concern given his failure at Arsenal.

Right I’m not being funny but every manager we’ve had since Moyes (who I also don’t want) has had some major red flags that we’ve all ignored. Emery has a hell of a lot of these which we appear to just be ignoring once again. I wouldn’t touch the bloke with a barge pole regardless of what he’s won a few years ago.

People need to get real, we are never going to attract to our club a currently highly successful manager who is winning trophies, so the options are someone who’s achieved in the past but has been sacked , a young manager who’s doing well and may achieve success with us, or a safe pair of hands who can regularly get us between 7th and 10th positions.
I’d go for the first option , Emery or Poch ....... if we can attract them.

I'm starting to accept that we're just a small club in this day and age. The board seem to think so for the past 30 years. I'm probably just kidding myself we're anything other than that. Arsenal act decisively yet we dither around like idiots seemingly hoping that it'll all turn out alright? Is Kenwright in Moshiri's ear telling him that we were like this back in '84 but it all turned out alright? I really don't know but it's obvious that Moshiri is out of his depth when it comes to owning a football club.

People need to get real, we are never going to attract to our club a currently highly successful manager who is winning trophies, so the options are someone who’s achieved in the past but has been sacked , a young manager who’s doing well and may achieve success with us, or a safe pair of hands who can regularly get us between 7th and 10th positions.
I’d go for the first option , Emery or Poch ....... if we can attract them.
Ha. The emery and poch options are not up and coming though. They would be dropping down in status to take over at everton

Ridiculous and untrue post.
Matty, you’re usually a poster who provides insightful perspicacity to the forum. However, on this occasion I feel your ambivalence toward facing cold truths, is somewhat impeding your accurate assessing the reality.
Cognitive dissonance can cripple cognition...don’t be its victim. You are too highly regarded to be a victim

Status
Not open for further replies.