UEFA proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not proposing that they have to wait until things are all the way back to normal ....but a June start up while the pandemic is still out of control all in the name of the PL brand / TV money is crazy. Its all about health and safety at this point not who is at the top or bottom of the table. A measured thought out return to sport is what is needed. A rush to get matches in will likely lead to increased cases and a return to lockdown scenarios. There are lots of things that need to inch their way back to normal before football. When it is time ...I'd still expect closed -door matches / fixture alterations etc....but it seems to be forced for the wrong reasons currently.
Mid to late June might be in range in all honesty. But June 1st is not

Im praying that the day comes the top 5/6 bugger off and leave the rest of us to it.

Assume you were born in 92?

I won't have the idea of Everton being a nobody. If any teams leave the Premier league the rest are also rans. At least now we can aspire to be the best in the country. Back to our rightful place.

This locks teams out.

Only Leicester would have got a place in the champions league this way. And lets be honest, there's no way of something like that happening again. I

ts hard enough getting in the top 4 anyway. Now you have to break it for 4 seasons! WITHOUT the ability to attract players by offering champions league footy.

Won’t this destroy the premier league ?

It would mean if you have not qualified for the Champions league regularly for the last few seasons you won’t qualify again for at least 5 years no matter where you finish.

where is the incentive for teams to compete ? This just looks like another step towards a break away league for the ‘sky 6’ and will turm football into a farce.

it certainly is there to protect a select few clubs like Man Utd, the scum, Chelsea etc

For me I think it will, because no matter how well do you in one season it will not be good enough and where is the incentive for clubs to perform.

In addition if your club is failing to meet a 4 year performance target to play in Europe where is the incentive for top players to sign for those clubs if the players cannot be assured of euro footie.

In the 4 year period if your team has been only good enough in the last season or in the first season only ultimately

The struggle for me is that 4 years is a long time in a players career. If you buy a top player at their peak, by the time they get to European competition, you'll be looking at moving them on before all value is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.