uefa draw, VILLAREAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inertia3112

Player Valuation: £1.5m
its looking likely we'll be unseeded. so what are the odds of lightning striking twice?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seeduc2007.html

....scroll down to see the current co-efficients.

although were still just about seeded the likelyhood is the cl teams that drop down will have a higher rating than us, as the vast majority of cl teams all have better ratings.

I reckon we owe 'em!!

Last edited:
its looking likely we'll be unseeded. so what are the odds of lightning striking twice?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seeduc2007.html

....scroll down to see the current co-efficients.

although were still just about seeded the likelyhood is the cl teams that drop down will have a higher rating than us, as the vast majority of cl teams all have better ratings.

I reckon we owe 'em!!

its looking tight to get a seeding. Still, the table presumes that all the teams taht come through the second qualifying round are seeded which they won't be. So we could get 5 seeded teams via the CL but 5 places could free up via unseeded teams getting throught to the first round proper.

anyone think we should just scrap the CL and UEFA and all this co-efficient bullshit and make it like the FA cup?

Imagine it, everyone gets to go into the cup every year (perhaps at different rounds like the FA cup). You'd end up with the same magic - any team could jam there way to the final - wigan v barcelona or something.

(would never happen due to money and G8 etc.)

It'd be ace.

football loses out to money as usual.

Actually if you look at the table you linked, the CL teams are added in already. He has added the unseeded CL teams but says that it may change if the unseeded teams beat a seeded team.

As far as I can read it, we would need to be knocked down six places. There are eight unseeded CL teams currently below us in the current table. That means that six out of the eight would need to win against better opposition AND that their opposition would have to be ranked with a higher co-efficient than us AND that none of the higher-ranked teams with a higher co-efficient are knocked out by teams with a lower co-efficient.

You can see the remaining fixtures here:
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/index.html

(So mathematically speaking, ipso facto ergo sum, we've won the bloody trophy already. Can we have the presentation at the Utd. match, please...)

its looking tight to get a seeding. Still, the table presumes that all the teams taht come through the second qualifying round are seeded which they won't be. So we could get 5 seeded teams via the CL but 5 places could free up via unseeded teams getting throught to the first round proper.

anyone think we should just scrap the CL and UEFA and all this co-efficient bullshit and make it like the FA cup?

Imagine it, everyone gets to go into the cup every year (perhaps at different rounds like the FA cup). You'd end up with the same magic - any team could jam there way to the final - wigan v barcelona or something.

(would never happen due to money and G8 etc.)

It'd be ace.

football loses out to money as usual.
totally agree.

I'd have 16/32 seeds and then a free-for-all.
none of this qualifying rounds nonsense.
It should be restructured so that all teams play in the first round.
no qualifying.
no CL dropouts(completely ridiculous situatio0n if you ask me).

but as you say, its not worked out in the nature of fair play.
its mainly to protect the finances of the 'influential' clubs.

Actually if you look at the table you linked, the CL teams are added in already. He has added the unseeded CL teams but says that it may change if the unseeded teams beat a seeded team.

As far as I can read it, we would need to be knocked down six places. There are eight unseeded CL teams currently below us in the current table. That means that six out of the eight would need to win against better opposition AND that their opposition would have to be ranked with a higher co-efficient than us AND that none of the higher-ranked teams with a higher co-efficient are knocked out by teams with a lower co-efficient.

You can see the remaining fixtures here:
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/index.html

(So mathematically speaking, ipso facto ergo sum, we've won the bloody trophy already. Can we have the presentation at the Utd. match, please...)

I'll have that.*

*opens headache tablets, and switches on whale music.:rolleyes:

The UEFA cup's group stage is s$%^. You need what, like 7 points in 8 matches to advance. There's nothing more absurd than a pointless group stage match in the middle of the season against Grasshoppers. Either junk it or only let 2 teams advance. I'd also get rid of the CL losers.

The UEFA cup's group stage is s$%^. You need what, like 7 points in 8 matches to advance. There's nothing more absurd than a pointless group stage match in the middle of the season against Grasshoppers. Either junk it or only let 2 teams advance. I'd also get rid of the CL losers.

You play 4 games in the groupstage and 3 of the 5 teams advance.

I hope we have a decent run in Europe this season, although with our current squad I think we look very bare especially to take on europe Manny would've been the perfect player to take it up a level this season. Unfortunately that hasn't happened and in the words of Chico.....He's Gash anyway.

If we get a few new heads in I think our squad will go far Quarter Finals at the very least with a decent sized squad.

If we survive the groupstage I'm happy.. after that it's all down to the draw since there won't be any seedings after that.. if I remember correctly.

I think Everton can go far in this competition on our day we can beat teams like Villarreal I believe. This has to be the season where we get our revenge on that bug eyed [Poor language removed] of a referee for knocking us out of Europe. with a 5-0 pasting of Villarreal...but not until the group stages :p

Could be some really difference in the groups...

for example:

Group1:----------------Group 2:
Bayern München--------FC Basel
Real Zaragoza----------Zenit St Petersburg
Herenveen-------------Dinamo Bucharesti
Galatasaray------------Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
Everton----------------CSKA Sofia

Don't think any team in group 1 would be happy with that draw... and most teams in group 2 fairly pleased.

If we did get into Group 2 I'd be quite pleased with Herenveen or Galatasaray I'd even think we could take Bayern and Real if we played like we did against Spurs hopefully the lads will be up for a European tour this year.

I would love it if we drew Dinamo Bucharest I think we owe them a 5-0 drumming and with our current squad we could easily trash them.

Status
Not open for further replies.