Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKINGDone Deal

Tomas Andrade - [River Plate - Bournemouth]

Posted at19:09
Another signing for Bournemouth, and almost certainly the first man to sign for Bournemouth from River Plate, as midfielderTomas Andrade arrives at Dean Court.

By that logic it's not one season. Remember the fool's errand of putting all our eggs in the Nolito basket last season. I see no one signed Cheryshev. He was available for 15m. Good player and good age who creates plenty of chances. Why didn't we take him.
WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE THE BAD MAN STOP!?!

But say we did, and the chain starts over. Say we wanted Bernard, but they wanted a replacement and there deal fell through.

Like I said, the only people who know are the ones either side of the phones. Other than that we are guessing and trying to piece a jigsaw together with parts missing, it's all guess work

Then we are utterly incompetent then. You have 12 months (if you disregard January) to get a scouting network together to identify targets, and we've clearly done so with Funes Mori and Rodriguez, who scream extended scouting network if ever a few signings did.

So to then have the absolute number one priority position handled so badly as to not end up with anyone is just incompetent. I can take what you're saying and say it's a valid view, but even if that was the case, what you have described is incompetence.

Shaqiri is very fast over a short distance which is a big advantage in tight spaces. Mirallas is better when the game is more open or we play on the counter attack.

I agree he's not like Carzola, Silva, Mata but he is still useful when teams are defending deep and in numbers.

Plus 12m? He's a bloody good player at a good age for that price.
Can you explain to then me why no one other than Stoke City made an effort to sign him?

Just because you rate him and he's good on FM or something doesn't mean Martinez does or he's available you know.
He was available. Real Madrid named their price and I showed a little graph at the start of the window that showed how effective he was in La Liga last year. All I'm saying is there was options. We won't get too many more seasons before this team is broken up either by transfers or age and I think we should have shown a bit of ambition this season. What angers me is it looks like the money was there.

But spending £60k on Coleman and £2m on stones wouldn't
Fair point that. I was under the impression Martinez wanted a player maker though.

Not Martinez signings, our plucky Scottish fello moyes that!

But say we did, and the chain starts over. Say we wanted Bernard, but they wanted a replacement and there deal fell through.

Like I said, the only people who know are the ones either side of the phones. Other than that we are guessing and trying to piece a jigsaw together with parts missing, it's all guess work
We didn't want Bernard. Both sides said there was nothing in that rumour. I would have taken him on loan.

We need more than one attacking midfielder anyway; why couldn't we get a stop gap that would play now and eventually become a squad player? Pretty much any bog standard Premier League level player would have done.

The entire summer to find someone and we haven't managed it. Really poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.