Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CDi-ygQWoAArkak.png:large

Do you remember this bit of genius? :D

Twenty minutes left to sign Lennon?

Bets suspended on us not signing him in tempt because our board is completely inept.

We all were, he made it perfectly clear. Maybe he'll explain but I doubt it. Maybe the type of player he wanted was not for sale and there's no point in spending for the sake of it

Fully agree, we aren't in the position to throw around money for the sake of it but at the same time it's not new news that we need a play maker. Seems extremely short sighted to have so long to scout potential targets and end up putting our eggs in to one Yarmolenko shaped basket.

Like you said I doubt we will ever find out what happened but it's disheartening when a big deal doesn't come off. We've heard for years how the money coming in to the league will make it more competitive than ever, now it's only four games but we've already got West Ham winning at The Emirates and Anfield, we've had Palace beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, We've had Swansea turn up at Stamford Bridge and play Chelsea off the park.

Maybe the above matches are just down to early season shenanigans or maybe the teams in and around us have genuinely improved. I guess we will see over the next few months but I hope our inability to conclude a deal for a player Martinez clearly wanted wont come back to haunt us.

CDi-ygQWoAArkak.png:large

Do you remember this bit of genius? :D
Average number of shots is a bit meaningless, could at least use shots on target. It's also massively biased towards Barcelona and Real Madrid, as they're going to spend much less time defending and so both stats will be increased relative to other clubs.

Your "source"?

Regardless. 6 days, 9 days, 10 days. It leaves Kiev with a couple of days to replace their best player and who really wants to play in the Ukraine...
With only a few days before the draw when they will see who they play and if they have a chance of getting out of the group. If that was the master plan. (n)

Your "source"?

Regardless. 6 days, 9 days, 10 days. It leaves Kiev with a couple of days to replace their best player and who really wants to play in the Ukraine...

Yep no excuse for not trying to get him in ages ago if we had the money which I doubt we did.

Reactions: Jxg
Think Roberto has just looked at the situation and decided the right quality is not available.

Reckon we're gonna see kev in the 'number 10' role quite a bit now that Lennon has been brought in.

Status
Not open for further replies.