Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bloody hell mate if he hasn't had enough time to scout a few different players for that position after a whole year then theres an issue.
Martinez even made an emphatic point at the end of last season saying 'we have been scouting certain players and know exactly who we want to come in'. Even if you have an idea for one player, he HAS to have had backups. I cannot believe they ALL are gone. Theres no way we would scout players upon players if they were repeatedly told theres no way he'd be leaving.

Don't worry lads, transfer deadline day always throws evertonians some surprises in one way or another ...

image.jpg

The fact we've only spent 4.5 mil so far wins any argument mate, I'd love nothing more than them to go out and get a boss playmaker like we need whether he cost 10 mil or 30 mil but so far the evidence stacks up o the same old same old.

No agenda, I just want to see everton do well and keep competative

£4.5 million is a higher net spend than Stoke, and a few others. Stoke and some other mid table clubs may have bought, but in most cases their reciepts for transfers out have covered or almost covered their spending. Spurs are about even, I think.

One of the few times I agree with you Dave haha!

It's mainly because a playmaker is all we are away from having one of the strongest starting XI's (when everyone is fit) in the league.

I had a debate with a few fans on Twitter yesterday who were saying they expected us to spend £30mil net this window.

My point is that the squad doesn't actually need a load of players and lots of spend. It needs quality. I genuinely think we'd be fine with the additions we have +Mori and a creative player - this one is essential. A forward would be brilliant but I think that will only happen if a good deal presents itself.

Lennon, ImO just isn't needed unless we shift McGeady. If take him but he's not essential.

We need to focus on the creative player first and foremost (presuming Mori is done) - even more so now that Clevs is injured and opens up that gap in our midfield where we should play our link-up player.

RM said in May that he wanted 4 players - possibly 5 - for the 1st team squad.

Del
Cleverley
Mori
Playmaker(???)

Plus:
Rodriguez
Holgate
Henen (though we already had him)

A bonus would be another forward. And then Lennon if there are departures.
We can hurt teams who come out at us with the players we already have (more especially when the walking wounded get back in contention), but we're leaving matters in the lap of the Gods if we dont bring in a player capable of opening a defence when teams stand off.

It really is that simple and always has been. Martinez KNOWS this, so I'm staggered we dont have that type in already. Now we must desperately wait and see if he's allowed a few quid to bring one in (probably on loan) and then suffer the obligatory work permit/fitness test tribulations.

Reactions: Jxg

Status
Not open for further replies.