Transfer Window rating

Out of 10, what's your rating of our Window?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 out 10

We needed to replace Richarlison and add an additional

Relying on inconsist players who didn’t regularly get close to 10 goals to regularly get 10 goals

As well needing Iwobi and Onana to get at least 5 each
I think the loss of Richarlison is over rated regarding his goal contribution alone. I think he is an excellent player and I wish he was still with us but the fact remains that over the four years he played for Everton his average scoring record in the league was 10.75 goals.

If Maupay can even score seven goals over a season the loss of actual goals scored is not huge.

I posted last night that I would have preferred if we were to sign a creative attacker rather than an out and out striker and I think that is the case, I think Richarlison is a bigger loss for creativity than goals.

If we are lucky enough that DCL can play more games this season then I think we have probably more firepower than last season.

I think the loss of Richarlison is over rated regarding his goal contribution alone. I think he is an excellent player and I wish he was still with us but the fact remains that over the four years he played for Everton his average scoring record in the league was 10.75 goals.

If Maupay can even score seven goals over a season the loss of actual goals scored is not huge.

I posted last night that I would have preferred if we were to sign a creative attacker rather than an out and out striker and I think that is the case, I think Richarlison is a bigger loss for creativity than goals.

If we are lucky enough that Dominic Calvert-Lewin can play more games this season then I think we have probably more firepower than last season.
You’re missing the point mate.

We didn’t score enough goals as it was, and we needed to add that. Instead we lost someone who was guaranteed to hit double figures.

So, yes Maupay may replace Richies goals, but we are still massively short

I remain chuffed at the defensive acquisitions. We had a championship level defence last year. We're much better now.

As much as anything, our ability to move the ball forward is greatly improved by not having Keane Mina who actually could pass but took an age to do so- for reasons beyond me.

If we stay up, then have another summer window the same. Then I would be more than happy. Definitely, recruitment wise, a step in the right direction.

But the elephant in the room is, where is the other forward?

We didn’t score enough goals as it was, and we needed to add that. Instead we lost someone who was guaranteed to hit double figures.

We wont concede 66 goals this year

But, if DCL stays fit then we are stronger.

Maupay can cover about 75% of the goals scored by Richarlison.
DCL can contribute more than last season fir the team and goals scored.
Hopefully Gordon can add to the four goals he scored last season as well.

I think Garner,Onana and McNeil will also score a few goals. Every team needs to spread their goals around and not rely on their strikers alone.

I absolutely agree we could do with another striker but overall I think we are better placed than twelve months ago.

But, if Dominic Calvert-Lewin stays fit then we are stronger.

Maupay can cover about 75% of the goals scored by Richarlison.
Dominic Calvert-Lewin can contribute more than last season fir the team and goals scored.
Hopefully Gordon can add to the four goals he scored last season as well.

I think Garner,Onana and McNeil will also score a few goals. Every team needs to spread their goals around and not rely on their strikers alone.

I absolutely agree we could do with another striker but overall I think we are better placed than twelve months ago.
And if he doesn’t?? Which is kind of the point.

What’s that got to do with not scoring goals?

So, we may need get beat 4-0, but 1-0?

Why is everybody comparing numbers? Did we replace Lineker's 40 goals?

It's not baseball Chris, you know this. A better unit, will provide better results.

If we're talking numbers, then we should really be discussing why our 60m rated Brazilian international forward was scrapping his heart out to get 10 goals?

Also, I'm sure DCL will miss some games this season, but surely we can be optimistic enough to not expect him to get another bad one?

Why is everybody comparing numbers? Did we replace Lineker's 40 goals?

It's not baseball Chris, you know this. A better unit, will provide better results.

If we're talking numbers, then we should really be discussing why our 60m rated Brazilian international forward was scrapping his heart out to get 10 goals?

Also, I'm sure Dominic Calvert-Lewin will miss some games this season, but surely we can be optimistic enough to not expect him to get another bad one?
No we had a team that 2 seasons before almost completed a treble and won a European competition; top top players who knew how to win

Last year we survived by the skin of our teeth because we couldn’t score

See the difference

Voted 6, which seems harsh. Most signings are smart and provide us with PL experience, and are definite upgrades, mainly Coady, Tarkowski, Onana, Gueye. A good core there

But still severly lacking in some areas. Left back, and upfront for sure. Another right back maybe?

Shows how awful our squad has been for the past few years with a few exceptions, JP, Richarlison, DCL when hes not being a sick note

Anyway, coyb, lets do the rs on sat

Status
Not open for further replies.