Transfer Window rating

Out of 10, what's your rating of our Window?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That remains to be seen. I believe Onana and Garner can be more dangerous for us in the final third than previous options.

I just on Google to see Onana's stats and this popped up. That photo on the left is not him?
Screenshot_20220902-142405_Chrome.jpg

Except none of those teams are entirely dependent on those players. What an awful example.
I do love it when people come out with nonsensical stuff like that. 'Well what would reigning champions Manchester City do if they didn't have this new player they've just signed, eh? Get relegated no doubt. And if Liverpool lost Salah and had to rely on their new £85m striker, they'd be no better than we are with Rondon'.

You win games by scoring, my point stands. It’s irrelevant what Brighton did. We have, in that starting 11, not one person who scored over 10 goals in a single season.

And as always, there’s a lot of if’s, buts and maybes; but the bottom line is we needed more goals in the team. Everyone knew it last year

And FYI; the 86/87 team had exactly the same amount of points as the 85/86 team with Lineker. We just scored 11 less goals the year we won the league. So technically we actually got worse, it’s just that the RS were a lot worse

lol That last point is hilarious. We got worse. No mate, we improved and won the title. There's no technically about it. Every season is different, with different demands. Sure we might have scored less goals, and been less easy on the eye, but ultimately, the team improved, because we went from being the second best team in the country to being the best. We had quite a few injury problems too, but the TEAM was better balanced.

We could argue this all day. We will score more goals this season, I'm convinced of it. Not loads more, but more, and we will not concede anywhere near 66 goals.

Except none of those teams are entirely dependent on those players. What an awful example.
None of those teams are entirely dependent because they already have much stronger squads. That much is true.

You say it is an awful example... the opposite is true. It shows the importance of players to clubs no matter what level they are at.
City and Liverpool are judged by winning the title. At the moment largely because of the form of Haaland you could not get a decent price on City. That would certainly change if he injured.
If Salah got a season ending injury the odds on Liverpool would lengthen hugely.
It is at a different level than what we currently are at but these players are as important to their clubs for the targets they are set.

None of those teams are entirely dependent because they already have much stronger squads. That much is true.

You say it is an awful example... the opposite is true. It shows the importance of players to clubs no matter what level they are at.
City and Liverpool are judged by winning the title. At the moment largely because of the form of Haaland you could not get a decent price on City. That would certainly change if he injured.
If Salah got a season ending injury the odds on Liverpool would lengthen hugely.
It is at a different level than what we currently are at but these players are as important to their clubs for the targets they are set.
No it really really is an awful example. All of the clubs you mentioned have a lot of goalscoring threat. City won the league 3 months ago without Haaland, scoring 99 goals in the process. The idea that they'd fall apart without him has no basis in reality. We're talking about an Everton side which in it's last 2 games has started a front 3 with 29 goals in 365 PL games between them. If you can't see why that's a bad example then I don't really know what to say.

lol That last point is hilarious. We got worse. No mate, we improved and won the title. There's no technically about it. Every season is different, with different demands. Sure we might have scored less goals, and been less easy on the eye, but ultimately, the team improved, because we went from being the second best team in the country to being the best. We had quite a few injury problems too, but the TEAM was better balanced.

We could argue this all day. We will score more goals this season, I'm convinced of it. Not loads more, but more, and we will not concede anywhere near 66 goals.
Yes we can mate, and I’d be right

Same points; same wins; same draws; same losses

Goals is the only variable that is different and it was less. So that technicality separates them.

I hope your right and that a team, (i.e. the current 11), whereby not one player has scored double figures in their premier league career, will score goals this year.

Even if DCL returns from injury and Maupay starts slotting; we are 2 injuries from back to square one

Erm - let me think - Richarlison and a bunch of aged average to lower ability players for - Onana, Gana, Garner, Vinagre, Tarks, Coady, McNeil, Maupay.
Significant improvements to the squad with the added benefit of clearing out some deadwood who were on massive wages. Frank and Kev deserve a break to see whether they improve us - but without the changes we'd be nailed on for relegation.

City won the league last year without Haaland?

My view is you can never judge whether a transfer window is good or bad until a few months down the line and we see how the new arrivals are improving, or otherwise, the team.

So I shall reserve judgement :)

Best part of 60% of fans giving the window a 7 out of 10 or better. Jesus wept.

We struggled with goals last year and have swapped Richarlison for Maupay plus Townsend injured and DCL showing increasing signs of being a sick note.

We've patched up a few areas that's it. Its a pants 2 out of 10 in my book!

Could it have been better, yup, it always can no matter what club you're talking about.

Did we recruit with a specific plan on age/experience mix, yup, did we focus on a complete overhaul of the two areas we've been crying out to improve on, center mid and centre back, yup.

The recruitment seems to have been well planned.

Every player you can see the reasoning and role behind why we brought them in.

Take McNeil, criticised by a lot, myself included, he's no Richy replacement - he wasn't bought as such though, whst he does give is great crossing when DCL is fit, and also provides very very good defensive protection for Patterson - which basically means Patterson can play in a back 4 whilst he develops his game, that's strategic smart planning, a player brought in not only for what he brings but for improving two other players.

We never tried to replace Richy directly - Gordon is that player now, we kept him again that's good strategy.

We added Onana and Garner who are the future of our CM and brought in a very experienced player who'll help them both develop in Gueye, again good planning for the improvement of other players by adding a player.

Same at CB, Coadey and Tarkowski will improve the younger CB's Holgate and Godfrey, sucks they both got injured but that's life.

We failed in terms if doing a similar strategy in forward positions, but look at the players who moved we could have got, none scream out that we missed a great deal there. And we didn't panic buy - the guys we wanted - pretty much all stayed at their clubs this summer, but most or all will likely move in the near future, Pedro, Kudus, Broja, Gallagher, and a few others - any or all of those could become available in January or next summer, and by not trying to bring in a quick fix we've effectively kept our options open when/if they do so

10/10 fir the stategic planning, 8/10 for execution

I like the look of the midfield now. Definitely something to build on with Gueye, Onana, Iwobi and Garner. Should be a good enough midfield to compete with most teams and hopefully dominate a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.