Transfer record broken again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellaini 10? He cost 15, mate and Moutinho was on the 20 price tag.

Oh let me guess, now Moutinho is [Poor language removed]....:dodgy:

We'll wait for January to see which one is doing better and we'll all take our own conclusions about who's the best value for money.

Not having a go at Moutinho as I would have loved him at Everton. Totally different players these two who can't really be compared and think they would compliment eachother very well. Haven't seen that much of Moutinho though, but I'm delighted we signed Marouane Fellaini. It's always a risk signing players from an inferior league, but this one has all the ingredients to be a huge success at Everton. Hopefully sometime in the future we can field them both in the same team.

Money spent does not equal success.

It is money spent on the right players. Look at all the money City spent last year with Eriksson in charge. Look at Spurs, look at Newcastle.

You guys can spin it any way you want it, but we do it the right way. Slow and methodical. You'll notice that the media outlets have reported that Standard have said we have been in negoitations for a couple of weeks, so our newbie isn't a panic buy.

I don't care we haven't spent tons and tons of money. It is fiscally responsible to bring in the players without having to spend money.

You guys can't have it both ways. You, on one hand want to **** BK off of the amount of debt we have, but on the other you want to **** him off for not making multiple 20+ million signings.

Get over it and enjoy the season.
Good points you make,of course spending cash doesnt equal success.. i seem to recall the same thing was said about chelsea when the russian took over and look what happened there

Hughes im sure will be gone within the year and a big name manager brought into city,this may or may not work,but they seem to have cash to throw at the club now and like it or not some will stick

The balance of power shifted yesterday of that im sure..theres now 3 clubs that have little to no money worries at all,the RS bumble along doing what they do,badly i might add and well Wenger stands outside the maternity suite delivery room waiting to snap up his next starlet,that means there will be within 2 years 5 clubs going for 4 spots,then we trail in somewhere with the pompeys and spurs of this world.

This summer has been a shambles,spin it anyway you want but to leave signing 5 players till just before the deadline is not the PROFESSIONAL way to run a football club,by all means bring in one or two on deadline day,thats wwhat its there for but the way we worked this summer was terrible

Glad to see us spend some money but did we get that 'difference maker' that we were missing last year? Is this guy someone who can help us win in the middle third against virtually anyone? I'm still hopeful that Arteta can elevate his game to this level but no matter how good you are every teams needs another option.

I think us buying Fellaini is an underhand way of working our way past them in the uefa cup.

Watch us make multiple loan bids for all their keepers the day of the match.

Last edited:

I would personally rather see the extra cash go on to debt. Follow something of an arsenal mould and buy them young, cheap and tender.

man ure added one signing this summer, berbatov - 20 minutes before we signed fellaini.

professional?

gimme a break, deals are brokered against the clock as much as against any other club.

Was just about to say that Suits.

We might not have liked how the entire summer went down regarding our transfers, all of them in the last couple of weeks in the window.

But we were certainly not the only club that did the main portion of their business on the last day.

It's the nature of he beast.

Would be interesting to know just how much the blood sucking agents influence the timing of deals, I'm sure they do their best to stretch the deals out and demand a top up for getting it 'rushed' through at the last minute.

I recall Moyes mentioning sometime back how complicated deals have got with so many fingers in the pie nowadays, however it didn't seem to hamper Liverstool's ability to get a quick deal done. Maybe the blues just haven't got it when it comes to commerciality.:sleep:

we gazumped palace for cahill. remember simon jordans tirade?

sticky wicket all round. the rule makers make it up daily.

thats the thing, we have some squad depth - not olympic diving pool standard, but some. and moyes has already chanced rodwell and baxter.

i see us setting up like...

howard
neville yobo lescott baines
castillo
arteta fellaini pienaar
cahill
yakubu

we are allowed seven subs nowadays right? so...

nash
jagielka
valente
osman
rodwell
vaughan
saha

only nash, osman and rodwell not senior international experienced. the flixibility of players like jags and nev and osman will see us sound - as soon as everyone is back fit.
Very nice. Of course neither Valente, Vaughan, Cahill or Saha has played anything resembling a full season in yonks. There is really no cover for Howard (Nash? Yikes.). No substitute for Arteta - remember what happened last spring when he was out/playing poorly? We have no wingers. Neither Arteta or Pienaar are wingers, they are just played there, and it shows, especially in Pienaar's case.

To summarize: we have three centre-backs, no wingers, two defensive midfielders who have never played in a top league and four strikers out of whom two are injury-prone and one is not good enough to be a starter in the PL. Of course if both Castillo and Fellaini prove to be great players, things look a lot better, but let's not forget that they are used to playing in the Belgium and Serbian leagues, hardly hot-beds of football. We are one Felliani up from last season, assuming Castillo is up to his task. Johnson has been replaced by Saha, who is of course better, but it all depends on how often he is available. Remember that at Manchester United they could rest him for smaller knocks, Everton will be forced to use him at times even when he has small knocks (which increases the risk of more serious injuries).

So, one player up, and we were desperately short of players last season.

What I worry most is Cahill. Getting the same injury again and again doesn't bode well. I think that if he injures it one more time, that's that.

No not from me

Man city..enough said i think

Enough said? Man City outbid Chelsea. They are now the richest club in the world. They have changed the face of Premiership and World football. We can't look at Man City and say we should be doing what they are doing.

Good points you make,of course spending cash doesnt equal success.. i seem to recall the same thing was said about chelsea when the russian took over and look what happened there

Hughes im sure will be gone within the year and a big name manager brought into city,this may or may not work,but they seem to have cash to throw at the club now and like it or not some will stick

The balance of power shifted yesterday of that im sure..theres now 3 clubs that have little to no money worries at all,the RS bumble along doing what they do,badly i might add and well Wenger stands outside the maternity suite delivery room waiting to snap up his next starlet,that means there will be within 2 years 5 clubs going for 4 spots,then we trail in somewhere with the pompeys and spurs of this world.

This summer has been a shambles,spin it anyway you want but to leave signing 5 players till just before the deadline is not the PROFESSIONAL way to run a football club,by all means bring in one or two on deadline day,thats wwhat its there for but the way we worked this summer was terrible

Won nothing last season mate.

Citeh now need to win trophies within 2 seasons and get to the Champions League group stages within 3 years.

Money is no object for them, but they still wont be able to get your Ronaldo's, Torress's etc all in one Barcelona/Real Madrid-esque team way. Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are still bigger profile clubs and will still draw talent over Citeh.

When Abramovic took over Chelsea while he did spent big, some of the names brought we not top draw such as your Henry's, Beckham's etc, they got up and coming world calss talent - Essien, Mikel, Wright Phillips, Lampard (massive flop in his first season) etc.

It'll take about 4 seasons for Citeh to be with the big dogs in terms of profile and success. If it doesnt happen then, managers get worried, board get restless, things spiral.

But I will say this, what's happened to Citeh has changed the league. They look as though they would go for anyone at anytime no matter for how much or if they want to leave which is dangerous and unfair competition IMO. Businesses dont do it (monopolies are usually bring legal action against them eg Mircosoft).

Hopefully Uefa will see this and usher in the cap on forgien players. I'm not too sure it will help the english players like its led to believe it could do, but it will stop this silly money being thrown around so teams cant compete.

You can call me a moaner if you want. But this summer was a shambles. We had a chance to progress. An guess what?..........

We didn't.

If moyes was being truthfull, he'd tell you the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.