Transfer record broken again

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called wanting better things for your club but whatever;)

managing expectation and a dose or realism have to be in the mix cal.

no one is raising the french national flag and surrendering, no one is accepting second best. we have to strive to do better, and become more successful in spite of the machine, not because we can lubricate it more than others.

Don't forget that the wages for these new players are part of any transfer budget that DM has,so effectively a £25M budget is reduced to around £20M with wages and other fees taken into account.

Don't forget that the wages for these new players are part of any transfer budget that DM has,so effectively a £25M budget is reduced to around £20M with wages and other fees taken into account.

i think we are hoping that wages being paid to AJ, mcfadden, carsley, and a few others that are no longer on the books actually cover the a lot if not the majority of any wage structure for new arrivals.

The 'Moaners' are there because we have acted liked amateurs during this transfer window!

We've had a crap start to the season as the moral in the club as at an all time low, and how long will it take for the new players to settle in?

I'm happy with the Felliani signing, excited even... but this does not alone repair the damage done by this close season! If were bidding £15m for him, why didnt we do this earlier and get him in and settled before the season started?

We've spent nothing if you include the McFadden & Johnson transfer fee's and seen all our main rivals strenghten.

So lets hear it, lets have the stupidly optimistic people take some of their optimism back and whilst gettign behind the team, recognise that this summer HAS been a disaster and we HAVEN'T strengthend like we should have.

Possibly because Standard Liege were in the CL qualifiers?

i think we are hoping that wages being paid to AJ, mcfadden, carsley, and a few others that are no longer on the books actually cover the a lot if not the majority of any wage structure for new arrivals.

I heard Fellini was on 22k a week (dunno where my dad got that from tho), small in comparison with most players these days.

I heard Fellini was on 22k a week (dunno where my dad got that from tho), small in comparison with most players these days.

Hopefully he'll double that wage within a couple of seasons due to outstanding performances.

I know that this'll sound perverse in financial terms, but 22k a week seems an awfully low wage for a premiership footballer!

Money spent does not equal success.

It is money spent on the right players. Look at all the money City spent last year with Eriksson in charge. Look at Spurs, look at Newcastle.

You guys can spin it any way you want it, but we do it the right way. Slow and methodical. You'll notice that the media outlets have reported that Standard have said we have been in negoitations for a couple of weeks, so our newbie isn't a panic buy.

I don't care we haven't spent tons and tons of money. It is fiscally responsible to bring in the players without having to spend money.

You guys can't have it both ways. You, on one hand want to **** BK off of the amount of debt we have, but on the other you want to **** him off for not making multiple 20+ million signings.

Get over it and enjoy the season.

Hopefully he'll double that wage within a couple of seasons due to outstanding performances.

I know that this'll sound perverse in financial terms, but 22k a week seems an awfully low wage for a premiership footballer!

According to the Belgian media, he is on 90.000 euro (although I presume they mean GBP) a month. Not much for a top class midfielder, at least not for English standards. Most Belgian clubs (except maybe Anderlecht & Club Bruges) work on very low budgets, so I can Imagine it's a giant pay-rise for Fellaini.

Doubt, he has been on more than 12.000 euro a week at most.

Last edited:
two million more than you admitted earlier - hence :- OWNED !
How do you know the exact sums? Is the 15 million all being paid, or dependant on some factors? How much did we actually get for Johnson? How much have we saved on wages this year thanks to downsizing the squad (hint, if McFadden was on 20k, he alone would have cost over half a million if he had stayed)?

you mention man ure, they have only signed berbatov and made tevez permanent (allegedly) but follow the logic... they didnt need full squad improvement, just like we dont... but hull, stoke, bolton, wigan and west brom all need full squad improvement.
You must be the only Everton supporter in the world who thinks we don't need squad improvement.

villa and city have spent, but neither started from the overall quality position we were in.
Oh really? I wouldn't say that player-by-player, their teams were that much worse.

How do you know the exact sums? Is the 15 million all being paid, or dependant on some factors? How much did we actually get for Johnson? How much have we saved on wages this year thanks to downsizing the squad (hint, if McFadden was on 20k, he alone would have cost over half a million if he had stayed)?

thats a double edged sword mister!

You must be the only Everton supporter in the world who thinks we don't need squad improvement.

i didnt say i think we dont need improvement.

Oh really? I wouldn't say that player-by-player, their teams were that much worse.

player-by-player yes, i think we are that much more superior.

you want to play a game of starting elevens, then im all for it.

Money spent does not equal success.

It is money spent on the right players. Look at all the money City spent last year with Eriksson in charge. Look at Spurs, look at Newcastle.

You guys can spin it any way you want it, but we do it the right way. Slow and methodical. You'll notice that the media outlets have reported that Standard have said we have been in negoitations for a couple of weeks, so our newbie isn't a panic buy.

I don't care we haven't spent tons and tons of money. It is fiscally responsible to bring in the players without having to spend money.

You guys can't have it both ways. You, on one hand want to **** BK off of the amount of debt we have, but on the other you want to **** him off for not making multiple 20+ million signings.

Get over it and enjoy the season.

Totally agree;) Won't bore everyone with lots of individual figures from every single club, but despite some very big signings at several clubs, the blues are one of 8 clubs who have basically balanced their books on transfer activity alone, Villa and City the biggest net spenders this window and 3 clubs had a total negative net spend-Spurs (quality players signed though!!!),Chelsea (same as Spurs)and Blackburn (Bentley big loss????). Boro and Westham poss biggest losers in terms of their activity. All the above leads to the question- in a year following the biggest TV deals the league has ever seen- why has the cash has not been splashed overall across the league in the same way it was last summer? It appears that apart from a few clubs the credit crunch has actually begun to affect football IMVHO.

you want to play a game of starting elevens, then im all for it.
How many matches do you think we will be able to play this season with everyone fit?

Plus how much do you think it's worth to have quality players as substitutes?

What if one of your starting eleven has been playing poorly lately, how much worth if you can drop him for a match or two?

Needed an attacking midfielder, we've still got slightly less than we should have. Only hope really is that Castillo turns out to be REALLY good and Moyesy turns the Big Fella™ and Castillo into a straight up centre mid duo of death. Then it won't matter if Ossie's as strong as a wafer, he can just cruise around being intricate. What we really needed was Fellaini AND a Moutinho-type creative player that's better than or at least competition to Osman. Sounds like Moyes actually wanted to do this too;

“In an ideal world, I would have liked to add another of his type but that wasn’t to be. With a bit of time to settle in, I’m sure he will prove to be worth the wait.”

I reckon we had about 25 million to spend with the AJ money, wanted to get Fella and Moutinho (e.g. 15 for Mout, 10 for Fellaini), couldn't afford both because Sporting wanted 835million for Moutinho. So we ended up paying a little bit more for Fellaini at the last minute because he was more important in terms of the type of player we needed and because we could actually afford him without crippling ourselves. At least, that's a legitimate champ man scenario.

Hence why I'm still so gutted we didn't get Obi Vickel. That would've made it a satisfactory transfer window, for me even with Fella it's still a hmm.

Fellaini 10? He cost 15, mate and Moutinho was on the 20 price tag.

Oh let me guess, now Moutinho is [Poor language removed]....:dodgy:

We'll wait for January to see which one is doing better and we'll all take our own conclusions about who's the best value for money.

How many matches do you think we will be able to play this season with everyone fit?

Plus how much do you think it's worth to have quality players as substitutes?

What if one of your starting eleven has been playing poorly lately, how much worth if you can drop him for a match or two?

thats the thing, we have some squad depth - not olympic diving pool standard, but some. and moyes has already chanced rodwell and baxter.

i see us setting up like...

howard
neville yobo lescott baines
castillo
arteta fellaini pienaar
cahill
yakubu

we are allowed seven subs nowadays right? so...

nash
jagielka
valente
osman
rodwell
vaughan
saha

only nash, osman and rodwell not senior international experienced. the flixibility of players like jags and nev and osman will see us sound - as soon as everyone is back fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.