Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton. Sat Oct 14th 5.30

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a poor team in front of goal.
We're far from great in front of goal, but consider how much we've come on in terms of our defence and the midfield. We're now actually in games, consistently.

Once we're stable as a unit, we can then look at being more aggressive up the field. The poor finishing aspect will take longer to finish, but it'll come.

Like I said before, I think we've played fairly well, and up to now there are a lot more positives from this game than negatives.

McNeil and Gray wouldn't stand out in League Two, and them and Maupay really is painful viewing. Really feel for those fans who have paid good money to see this today. Midfield and defence is looking great, but if you literally have no attack then you can easily get relegated even with a good defence and midfield.

A point here at the end would be a perfectly acceptable result. Good first half for us overall but I hope we aren't made to regret missing our chances. I expect Spurs to get the hairdryer treatment at half time so probably best we don't make and subs in the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.