Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton. Sat Oct 14th 5.30

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a bit of an odd statement that lad.

Do you really think our performance yesterday was of a side destined to go down?

Compare it to last season, where we stayed up. It was much better for me.

Spurs are a really good team currently, with a great manager. If we can play as well as we did, I sense we will pick up points against poorer teams.

Just having a laugh at the posters expense who specifically name checked me.

we need a progressive manager, one who is willing to work with sub-par players in order get them to learn the basics of passing and keeping the ball and building up play

can't just sit back for 90 mins against top sides, invite pressure and 20+ shots everytimie and hope to score from a counter and win 1-0
Spot on mate. Why Frank told Gray and Onana to completely miss their chances is beyond me. Poor management. A good manager would've told them to score their 2 chances.

A good manager would get the team to create more than 1 chance every 23 minutes
Against a team joint second in the league, away from home. With our right side suspended/injured and our main striker on the bench.

I was disappointed to lose, but I can also accept that their team is MILES ahead of ours. MILES. I don't understand how anyone can believe we should be beating teams like Spurs, with our squad. We could've made it 2-0 and the players failed to take their chances. I'm a lot more frustrated with our players than the manager.

Against a team joint second in the league, away from home. With our right side suspended/injured and our main striker on the bench.

I was disappointed to lose, but I can also accept that their team is MILES ahead of ours. MILES. I don't understand how anyone can believe we should be beating teams like Spurs, with our squad. We could've made it 2-0 and the players failed to take their chances. I'm a lot more frustrated with our players than the manager.
Same here mate. Two mistakes last week against Man U and the two misses on Saturday, but thats football.

I’m not expecting us to beat them but I’m expecting the team to be able to create more opportunities than they currently are doing

Southampton had 10 shots
Wolves had 20 shots
Fulham had 9 shots
Leicester had 19 shots
Frankfurt had 11 shots
Even 10 men Marseille had 9 shots
We had an almighty 4 shots

Tarkowski looked more comfortable on the right hand side than he has done on the left. Those two misses were key to the game. Spurs fans were obviously happy with the result, but most admitted their football is a bit dire at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.