Status
Not open for further replies.

I predict this:

Pickford
Kenny Keane Mina Digne
Walcott Doucoure Allan Gordon
DCL Richarlison

Lossl, Branthwaite, Coleman, Gomes, James, Iwobi, Kean
That's the team I would go for but probably start with Coleman. That midfield sounds a lot better this season. Be a tough game and I would take s point with a decent performance. COYB!

If Allan and Doucoure start i’ll be amazed, but they bloody should!! Even if not 100% they are better than Sig and Davies. All this ‘not up to speed’ is a load of garbage! Get them in!!

Agree, the thing is, nobody is going to be 100% and that goes for all the teams this weekend. Would it be a risk starting a totally new midfield? No, last season we always started a midfield who had years experience with the other players and still didn't know what to do.

James hasn't had a pre-season so I'll understand him not starting, but the other two have so they'll be as fit as anyone, need them creating a partnership as early as possibly.

Think Carlo will play the 4 in midfield. Would be exciting to see DCL, Richy and Kean up front together. But Carlos Italian frame of mind will see 442 start.

4-3-3 with allan, doucoure and gomes/siggurdsson as the further forward off the 3.

Bernard/walcott on one flank, richy on the other. If we were playing 4-3-3 in preseason it doesn't make sense to go back to 4-4-2 if the plan is 4-3-3 for the majority of the season.

Pickford
Coleman Keane mina Digne
Doucoure Gomes siggy
Walcott DCL Richarlison

II reckon it will be that. I can't see him wanting to change too many in the first game, seeing as they've only just arrived a week ago. Maybe Allan for Doucoure? Then drop the others in as subs through the game, depending on performance

Status
Not open for further replies.