Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good performance.
Could and should have had more goals.

Richi had a bad day. Let’s hope he’s back on form again soon.
1600067239042.png

I remember that. Who would've thought what a season it turned out to be.

One of the things that pleased me today was how well Coleman played and I think it might be because he just defended and didn't need to bomb forward.

James' long passes were brilliant, but I don't think Carlo will keep him out wide.

Richo had an off day, but how good is it going to be when he's back to normal with this new midfield behind him? My M0TM was Allen.

Oh, and Pickford was great.

Coleman had a terrific game, the majority did.
There were a couple who were a little off the pace, but we’ve just won our opening game of the season away from home for the first time in 20 years, let’s not be too judgemental.

Early days in the season, but if Coleman can continue to perform like that, then no reason we can’t delay getting a new right back until next season.

Blew my mind yesterday, so good. I’m going to shave my right eyebrow off in celebration then I will only have the one Ancelotti eyebrow. Either that or I stick a fake one half way up my forehead as a mark of respect. What a guy, amazing signings and to get them to all gel like that straight away shows his class. So chuffed. It’s about time.

It's how simplistic football minds work. He missed a chance = wasn't at his best.

It's why loads rave about Lukaku, when the truth is Richarlison is 10x the footballer.
Yeh, good point
If there were a formula though, goals v overall contribution, it would be interesting to see who would come out on top. Riches 13 goals and huge amounts of defensive work surely are much more valuable to a team than a 20 goal, nothing else striker. Having said that, DCL doesn't do a great deal defensively other than set pieces, he doesnt track back particularly (nor should he).

Status
Not open for further replies.