Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a gander on the spurs forum it's absolutely beautiful, they are having the biggest meltdown ever.

They are so full of [Poor language removed] as well, seem to have this entitlement about them that they should be at the top, and we are still garbage etc etc

Take kane out that team and it's ridiculously average. And even he's looking like he doesn't want to be there.

They'll be back where they belong in a few years when kane has gone and mourinho has taken them backwards, back below us.

Gotta be honest, that was difficult to make a motm

Pickford was absolutely fantastic, dominated his area as good as he ever has and made a couple of cracking saves.

Doucoure was brilliant, a really good debut and he can be rightly proud.

Rodriguez, superb effort considering his lack of minutes. He's gonna be an absolute star and the kind of hero kids wanna be

DCL what a finish that was

BUT

Allan was absolutely immense. So disciplined, knowing when to press and hunt the ball and knowing when to sit in. Tactically, it was like watching a manager with legs able to play the game.

Superb.

Great performance. The only thing missing was another goal which would have been thoroughly deserved.
The difference in having players who are not just comfortable on the ball, but also readily available, elevates players around them and the game seems easier. I was even impressed with Pickford and Gomes.
We managed the game very well and it definitely had a different feel about it.
Our subs slightly concern me because we will pick up injuries. One or two more in and we can have a real good go at the top six maybe even top four.

Only got chance to listen to bits of the match on the club site, by the way Snods was chatting it sounded like we played well. Just seen the highlights on motd and wow we have a midfield not seen in a everton team for sometime.

Considering the new signings had a ridiculously short time on the training ground prior to this performance, it was a remarkably concise and very promising display.
Which makes it even more frustrating being unable to actually attend.
If we keep on improving on this trajectory I could end up being a full blown proponent of herd immunity and organise a storming of Goodison to gain entry on match day.

MOM...hmmm tough one.
Everyone was excellent

Pickford with vital saves

Richarlison could easily have had 4 goals
Allan bossed the midfield

Dacoure was excellent and an amazing challenge

James.. man is he awful, The way he make professional footballers look like u12s. The way he gets a ball and pings it 45 yards to perfection is just horrifying. Doesn’t he know he plays for Everton and his job is to make Every team we play look like Barca and 45 yard pings are meant to land in row Z

Agreed, but I think on another day we would be annoyed with some of Richarlison's wastefulness. Why he refuses to get his head up when he draws the keeper out (he has done that a few times now, sometimes scoring, but often shanking it wide, when he has a teammate open for a tap in, is infuriating).

We look a totally different beast to last season though. Carlo will know what is required to get this team challenging at the top. Exciting times :)

Good performance.
Could and should have had more goals.

Richi had a bad day. Let’s hope he’s back on form again soon.

Richarlison's overall performance was sound though, worked brilliantly. Just one of those days where stuff didn't come off for him.

They all looked pretty shot from 70 onwards but it is what it is with such a weird pre-season. Luckily every team is in the same boat.

It'll be that way until at least October.

Good performance.
Could and should have had more goals.

Richi had a bad day. Let’s hope he’s back on form again soon.
I'm not even convinced he had a bad game tbh. Maybe by his standards I guess.
He put it just wide a few times, his first miss was poor but the effort and pace to get the ball and beat the keeper was superb.
Only real bad one for me was the header.
Terrorised their dedenders all game though and made space for DCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.