Top Ten Toffee Stinkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the same line of reasoning, that's why we have a statue of the Stracq outside the ground? (It's Dixie who? He did what? If that's true, you've got to say our number 9s have been rotten.for a long while)
All im saying is a lot of people on these list offered absolutely nothing, not one positive memory, but Oumar, even if only fleetingly was a beacon of light when times seemed dark.

All im saying is a lot of people on these list offered absolutely nothing, not one positive memory, but Oumar, even if only fleetingly was a beacon of light when times seemed dark.
I think in my very first post, I said for Oumar, that he was my choice not so much for him but as for what he represented in behind the scenes incompetency and downright uselessness. Stick with that.

Not at all, i have issued a counter argument that lives 3 post's above your own.
In Summary In Niasse we were sold a broken hoover, but when our carpet's were at their dirtiest we managed to get it working and get a few carpet's cleaned.
I see your counter argument. I have taken its measure and it is without merit.
The ball bouncing in off Niasse's aris once or twice doesn't clean any carpets - we're carrying a 55K per week salary on a five year contract for someone who would be 50/50 to start for Fleetwood Town. That is stinking the gaff out to unprecedented, calamitous levels - doubt we've ever had a player like that, someone who just can't be shifted because they're playing and paid levels above their ability.

I think in my very first post, I said for Oumar, that he was my choice not so much for him but as for what he represented in behind the scenes incompetency and downright uselessness. Stick with that.
I can not in good faith stick with that my friend. Ican/will not have Oumar be a representation of backstage incompetency and uselessness, let the incompetent and useless represent themselves. Oumar Niasse is the hero of the no mark's, the dreamers with limited ability, the skilless triers and working men all over the world who have nowhere to hang thier coat. We may despair at him wearing our prized shirt, but deep down inside yourself, somewhere that you don't like to talk about at parties, you and i both know that Oumar has lived our dream. And more than this he has done so with less ability than should be legally required for a proffesional sportsmen.

Decent case for Niasse to be the #1 undisputed heavyweight champion here. Third most expensive signing in our history (at the time) for a bloke who is championship / league 1 level.

He's got some [Poor language removed] competition mind - Our all time #7, 8, and 9 most expensive signings are Klaasen, Boloxassie, and Tosun. Three players not good enough to start in the premier league.

He isn't even the worst player currently on our books.

Why does Sandro always get ignored? He did nothing for us.

Anybody saying Oumar Niasse is not looking at this objectively. Ability wise Oumar may be top 10 but in terms of delivery he has outplayed his ability. The man showed integrity beyond anybodies limits, when he dug deep and found goal scoring prowess that would make Dixie proud and it was all to save his sworn enemy, Ginger Ronald from the sack. At time of purchase Niasse was a terrible deal for the money, but compare his ability to what he acheived, even if only for 5 weeks then we done alright.
I've stuck up for Niasse plenty of times but you're being very kind to him here. He's a striker who has been paid a very decent wage to play for us in five different seasons. He will almost undoubtedly leave having only scored a goal in one of those five seasons. That is absolutely mindblowing.

I see your counter argument. I have taken its measure and it is without merit.
The ball bouncing in off Niasse's aris once or twice doesn't clean any carpets - we're carrying a 55K per week salary on a five year contract for someone who would be 50/50 to start for Fleetwood Town. That is stinking the gaff out to unprecedented, calamitous levels - doubt we've ever had a player like that, someone who just can't be shifted because they're playing and paid levels above their ability.

Cuco Martina...

I've stuck up for Niasse plenty of times but you're being very kind to him here. He's a striker who has been paid a very decent wage to play for us in five different seasons. He will almost undoubtedly leave having only scored a goal in one of those five seasons. That is absolutely mindblowing.

Will always forgive him for this,lose and it was a slippery slope.

Status
Not open for further replies.