Top six? How about top four?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible to get to top 6 but top 4 no chance IMO. Whilst I say it is possible I think it is unlikely given the number of points behind we are even with a full squad. No Europe next season.:(

Ara you left out the Anfield lot who look like they may be getting an act together. It is really important we get something off them in the Derby match.

It is possible to get to top 6 but top 4 no chance IMO. Whilst I say it is possible I think it is unlikely given the number of points behind we are even with a full squad. No Europe next season.:(
Ara you left out the Anfield lot who look like they may be getting an act together. It is really important we get something off them in the Derby match.

There's still The FA Cup & UEFA left lad ;)

Well of the teams above us fighting for 4th, Man City has dropped the fewest points, 25 in 21 games. If they stick with that average through the end of the season they'll end up at 69 points.

That means we'd need to pick up 43 points from 17 games to over take them. So we'd only be able to drop 8 points.

It's possible but I don't see it happening.

If we get through February with a set of good results (Manure, RS, sporting etc), I'd say we can do it. To quote another thread, as far as I'm concerned

IT'S ON

I find it more amusing that the paper in question is considered a profanity, which it is! As for the top four, anything is possible this season, we are beginning to look really good, arteta, Jags and the Yak are due to return soon and the other teams look like dropping a whole load of points, i think we shall finish 6th this year, and the sh1t£ will be eighth.

Honestly never mind if the others would drop 12 points or not, I only believe in how much points we did get in our last 17 games.

Probably the next 7 games would answer the question whether or not it's realistic we could actually finish in the Top 6 or even Top 4?

If we come away with at least 5 wins out of the next 7 matches, and with Hull, Birmingham, Bolton, Wolves, West Ham, Villa, Blackburn, Fulham, Stoke & Portsmouth, as our last 10 games.

If I am being very optimistic I did say we could win all the last 10 games, but surely 8 out of 10 is a real possibility wouldn't you say, if we could get 5 win out of the next 7, off Sunderland, Wigan, RS, Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs & Man City.

5 Win in next 7, gives us 41 points, then 8 win in the last 10 games gives us 65 points, surely that would get us at least a Top 6 finish.

That's me being optimistic, and I should wait for the results of our next 6 games, to see what is our realistic target, but this is certainly what I hope would happen comes the end of the season.

Last edited:
Andy Gray has been working for Sky and been one of the most respected pundits for best part of 20 years - reason being is he knows what he's talking about.

I think there may be some bones on it. Players are coming back, players are coming into form and we still have 2-4 key players to return in the next month.

It's certainly a possibility, and I do think we'll be in the running by the end, however I get that sense that we will be left kicking ourselves for dropping stupid, stupid points earlier in the season, and even lately against Arsenal. I reckon we'll finish the season within a few points of 4th, but we have chucked away a massive, massive opportunity this year.

We can still pull it back, but it has all the hallmarks of another "we nearly" story.

If we'd hung on to those extra 2 points against Arsenal, we'd now be looking at winning a game in hand to go 7 points behind Spurs. Really disappointing to think about it.

It's certainly a possibility, and I do think we'll be in the running by the end, however I get that sense that we will be left kicking ourselves for dropping stupid, stupid points earlier in the season, and even lately against Arsenal. I reckon we'll finish the season within a few points of 4th, but we have chucked away a massive, massive opportunity this year.

We can still pull it back, but it has all the hallmarks of another "we nearly" story.

If we'd hung on to those extra 2 points against Arsenal, we'd now be looking at winning a game in hand to go 7 points behind Spurs. Really disappointing to think about it.

There is no point you look back in the past now, how about if we didn't drop 4 points from the Brimingham and Sunderland games in December we would now be looking at a winning a game in hand to go 5 points behind Spurs.

Let's look into the future, normally we are lucky to get a point off, Man Utd & Chelsea, how about getting 6 points from them? Wouldn't that make up the lost of 2 points we didn't get off Arsenal and more?

It's been a while since we beat RS at there home, how about getting 3 points from them this time round, let's look into the future and not in the past, what happen has already happened and nothing would change it now!

Last edited:
personnaly i think people need to get a grip and get realistic.
we are closer to the relegation spots than we are to the euro places.

granted , with a fit team we could beat anyone on our day.
but with luck against us we can still struggle in the second half of the season too.

the first part of the season has been awful .
we were in relegation form and scrapping it out at the bottom of the league.but since then we are unbeaten in 6 matches.

pienaar neville and osman coming back and the signing of landon were big boosts to us at important times, which imo has in turn improved options for the manager , competition for places , moral , form and results.

with the upturn in events and with potentially some of our better players still to come back it does look very promising .

but lets not get carried away ,we are mid table , 10 points adrift from the leading pack , 7 points ahead of a relegation spot , and with a lot of hard work still left to be done.

ps i would consider it a good turn around if we ended up finishing in 8th in all honesty.

Last edited:
personnaly i think people need to get a grip and get realistic.
we are closer to the relegation spots than we are to the euro places.

granted , with a fit team we could beat anyone on our day.
but with luck against us we can still struggle in the second half of the season too.

the first part of the season has been awful .
we were in relegation form and scrapping it out at the bottom of the league.but since then we are unbeaten in 6 matches.

pienaar neville and osman coming back and the signing of landon were big boosts to us at important times, which imo has in turn improved options for the manager , competition for places , moral , form and results.

with the upturn in events and with potentially some of our better players still to come back it does look very promising .

but lets not get carried away ,we are mid table , 10 points adrift from the leading pack , 7 points ahead of a relegation spot , and with a lot of hard work still left to be done.

ps i would consider it a good turn around if we ended up finishing in 8th in all honesty.

We're on a nice little period of unbeateness though mate - some big teams have been in that group - for me our biggest problem has been drawing instead of winning. If e can keep it tight at the back i honestly beleive we can claim a Europa at the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.