Top Flight leading goal-scorers

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father used to tell me the same tale. I believed it too.
My dad told me that as well, along with the sign outside the church that said "what will you do when Jesus comes", and some wag wrote "move St John to Inside Right" (The 2nd one may well be true!).

Nothing wrong with any of them, it was a different game in those days. Strikers didn't have to track back, and you didn't defend with 11 men behind the ball (unless you were Arsenal!).

..but they put a shift in. If you look at Sharp he would always be an out ball for either full back, that is a lot of effort leading the line. Gray went to war with CBs who were bigger and stronger than him. Sharp was an excellent foil for all of those strikers.

My dad told me that as well, along with the sign outside the church that said "what will you do when Jesus comes", and some wag wrote "move St John to Inside Right" (The 2nd one may well be true!).
Like the fella with the placard, Jesus Saves, and the Evertonian following with one that read, And Big Dunc knocks in the rebounds, outside Wembley 95.

Like the fella with the placard, Jesus Saves, and the Evertonian following with one that read, And Big Dunc knocks in the rebounds, outside Wembley 95.
Pinched from the original, which was "Jesus saves and Latchford nets the rebound". Big Dunc would have missed!

Status
Not open for further replies.