Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilbert can I go half’s with you on your £150 at 10/11 on finishing in the top ten, I know I’m mad but I’m willing to take the risk.

I thought it was buying money at the time. But Everton are Everton.
Im glad i never did the handicap bet aswell. West ham look like winning that this year. They were +33 points start.

Put this together to look at what we need to achieve to match last seasons top 4 total.

Last seasons threshold was actually quite low, so also looked at 2 seasons ago @ 71 points. Coincidentally this is around the top 4 average over the past 10 years, so a very good bench mark to go off...

All I’ll say is...I’m not very hopeful of top 4 based on the data...

Brilliant work! Since we let our lead slide we have clawed our way back into the reckoning 3 times and have quite a hill to get back again.. the recent blip opened up quite a gap from the line. Again shows how important a sequence of at least 4 to 5 wins is to achieve the milestone...

Put this together to look at what we need to achieve to match last seasons top 4 total.

View attachment 119822

Last seasons threshold was actually quite low, so also looked at 2 seasons ago @ 71 points. Coincidentally this is around the top 4 average over the past 10 years, so a very good bench mark to go off...

View attachment 119823

All I’ll say is...I’m not very hopeful of top 4 based on the data...

It’s about the teams we’re competing against though isn’t it, not a statistical target. It looks like it’s boiling down to Leicester Liverpool Chelsea Us West Ham Spurs Villa for 2 spaces (City are too far gone and I’m assuming United have enough of a gap to at least come 4th even if they dip). You can weigh up the strength of squads, remaining fixtures etc. but the reality is that if we win our game in hand we have more points than all of the other contenders except for Leicester. Therefore we absolutely at this moment have a chance of getting top 4. I just don’t understand these projections that show Everton have no chance but Chelsea or Liverpool do when we’re all on similar points.

No I can't see us doing it either and it would probably need to happen 2 or 3 times which is even more unlikely. 7 wins and 3 draws gives us 67 points. If City aren't interested on the last day that could give us an in budgeted 3 points.
Lets hope City lose or draw between now and the end of the season
Do not want them to extend their winning run against us on the last day of the season

I thought it was buying money at the time. But Everton are Everton.
Im glad i never did the handicap bet aswell. West ham look like winning that this year. They were +33 points start.
I think that bet is safe Gilbert, finishing in the top ten, hope so anyway for your sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.