Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I can't see us doing it either and it would probably need to happen 2 or 3 times which is even more unlikely. 7 wins and 3 draws gives us 67 points. If City aren't interested on the last day that could give us an in budgeted 3 points.
city will be interested, they will thrash us, first game back with fans and a trophy parade.

we just need to play each game on its merits...talk of top 4 will put too much pressure on our brave lion hearts...and they inevitably crumble under such pressure. We need to avoid potential 'Everton that' moments, else we will most certainly get them....and with 'top 4 talk', we will get them in spades!

My money was on either the band or the thing we used to fly around in. Random British Gladiatoress was not on my bingo card lol
But now you’ve seen, you know.

at her peak she was probably the subject of more teenage fantasies than any other person on telly

@Nyhus whats with the middle finger haha, I feel like city will play their best ever football when they know they’re going to celebrate the trophy with fans after.

I meant to quote this post on my above response.

Yeah, maybe I should have said short rather than small.

I’d have liked to see another striker option added earlier in the window, a RB and potentially cover for CM as Allan was out for so long.

I appreciate it’s difficult to sign players in January, but we knew we needed cover for them positions for a while.

Didn’t Spurs have to beat city away on the last day for them to get into the champions league for the first time years ago.

Thats not this City team. They were still quite average. This City team is head and shoulders above the league and on par and might be better than United Treble team and Asrenals Invincibles.

city will be interested, they will thrash us, first game back with fans and a trophy parade.

My hope is they might want to avoid injury for Champions League final. Although the flipside is players might be competing for starting places in the final.

There is absolutely no reason why we can not finish top 4.

Carlo probably thinks we can so maybe we should too.

2nd to 10th is available to us at the minute. My head says 5th/6th my heart says 4th. I think Carlo is playing it down publicly but he's a winner and he will be driving it home to the players.

2nd to 10th is available to us at the minute. My head says 5th/6th my heart says 4th. I think Carlo is playing it down publicly but he's a winner and he will be driving it home to the players.
Yep, great man management, playing the media down, lowering the pressure, but in the dressing room there’s no way he isn’t motivating the players and saying we can get top 4, we’ve got a massive chance.

Good chance mate. I just couldnt trust sunderland. To jekyll & hyde

Looked at the League and just didn't fancy anyone.

I thought Sunderland finally have to break their jinx, and now they're starting to come good with Lee Johnson. Not sure anyone will stop Peterborough mind, with the run of form theyre on.

Yep, great man management, playing the media down, lowering the pressure, but in the dressing room there’s no way he isn’t motivating the players and saying we can get top 4, we’ve got a massive chance.

Belief!! I know its the hope that kills you particularly with Everton but this is the most interested I've been in football since 2009 when Lescott started the decline of Moyes best Everton team.

If City had the CL final coming up and also knew that giving us points meant Liverpool or Chelsea might miss top 4 they might take a ra focal decision to ply a weakened team.

Put this together to look at what we need to achieve to match last seasons top 4 total.

7B57C653-C182-44CB-802D-69E8D4052E16.png

Last seasons threshold was actually quite low, so also looked at 2 seasons ago @ 71 points. Coincidentally this is around the top 4 average over the past 10 years, so a very good bench mark to go off...

72A0B6A1-C850-46DE-9D17-8FC977BD238D.png

All I’ll say is...I’m not very hopeful of top 4 based on the data...

Status
Not open for further replies.