Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa game is key for me. Watkins missing is the type of luck other teams normally get around us. If Docuoure and James are back then we have to be confident with our away form. If we win that I think we get europe of some form as I can see us edging past Sheffield United of James is back.

We may yet end up with nothing, but give me this any day over watching what Newcastle Brighton and Burnley are doing so we stay away from the bottom 3 which is what we’ve spent lots of other seasons doing.

any combination of possibilities of us getting CL, and even Europe in general, relies on everton winning at least 3 if not 4 of the games remaining.
With what we’ve seen this year I have zero faith that is happening.
We blew it against Villa at home, and before that Tottenham at home, and before that palace at home, and so on.
We’ve had our opportunities and proven we’re not good enough to seize them.
Frustrating beyond belief.

any combination of possibilities of us getting CL, and even Europe in general, relies on everton winning at least 3 if not 4 of the games remaining.
We blew it against Villa at home, and before that Tottenham at home, and before that palace at home, and so on.
This is football

What a miserable lot some of you are

would you rather be here in this fighting and excited or 13th with nothing to play for and sending out players who won’t be here next year
Get behind the lads and enjoy the ride. We are 3 wins or probably 7 points from Europe in Carlos first season

In that position because we've gone away this season and won at grounds we havent won at in 20/25 years. The fact is we're not good enough. Ancelotti is setting up away and using what he has to grind out results. Until he can buy better we havent got enough craft to bring it to teams. Soon as we try and open up against teams the lack of real quality is so bleedin clear for all to see. But everybody knew that. Or at least i thought they did.
We're not good enough for top 4. And wont be until we ship out those who dont even need mentioning.

Carlo will motivate the beauts...just 4 games...can be done as you would really will play unmotivated teams...
Time to show his masterclass...

Can see Leicester only getting 1pt from their remaining 3 games.

Beat Villa on Thursday night and thing's could get interesting.

It's a very odd feeling to be this invested in the state of other teams' affairs at this stage of a season. Completely different scenario to Martinez's first season when we were in the driving seat before having that absolute shocker defeat at home to Palace to all but end our hopes.

Our only chance is to win every game, hope United stuff Leicester and Liverpool despite playing both within the space of two days and pray West Ham slip up somewhere even though they have a very kind run in. We also can't afford to let up as there's 3 sides behind us who might fancy catching us if we don't put a run together...

The odds are extremely distant, and I think we'll all be thinking 'what might have been' come the final whistle of the season but how nice to actually have some excitement during the run in for once.

Am I correct in saying that if United beat Liverpool, United beat Leicester and Chelsea beat Leicester, then we beat Villa and Sheffield United, we can still get fourth?

I know it's a little bit of a longshot, but four games left and we can still make the Champions League for next season?

Shocked!!
United will play a seriously weakened team against Leicester
They will as full strength as they can against the scum
The United fans will want to beat the scum and United would rather Leicester get top 4 and the scum don’t

Status
Not open for further replies.