Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate. If Utd were out of top four and won the EL, the 4th placed team would still qualify for CL. Max of five teams from one nation in CL. Utd confirmed their CL place today so only four from England in CL
Yes, I was confusing the situation with if United and Chelsea won the EL and CL AND both finished outside the top four. Then, the fourth placed side would fall out of the CL. You are correct.

Won't matter soon, anyway, if UEFA and the Super Six have their way. They'll find a "wildcard" or two for the likes of the Arsenal...

We won our next 3 id say we would be in good contention for 6th or higher.
I certainly hope so. But check out the remaining games for West Ham and the RS. Very good chance they could do the same thing. And our goal difference is poor.

Attachments

• F42E0455-F89A-4237-98CF-0DB2B96DF3A9.jpeg
    F42E0455-F89A-4237-98CF-0DB2B96DF3A9.jpeg
    359.9 KB · Views: 98

Won't happen. Relegated Sheff Utd and listless Wolves will be too much for us, as the bad atmos generated by the invisible, silent fans at Goodison will be too much to bear.

Plus, everyone knows Aguero will sign off with a hat-trick against us in a 5-0 drubbing on the last day. We would be the last defence he gooses for City in the PL. Would be us, wouldn't it....

Now then. :locked:

Can see Leicester not picking up a single point in their remaining fixtures. Think itll be the rs who get fourth. Us getting pegged by newcastle twice, when they were utter dirge, has cost us. Not beating spurs, the late palace goal. Ugh. What an opportunity this season has been.

Can see Leicester not picking up a single point in their remaining fixtures. Think itll be the rs who get fourth. Us getting pegged by newcastle twice, when they were utter dirge, has cost us. Not beating spurs, the late palace goal. Ugh. What an opportunity this season has been.
I think itll be Chelsea 3rd and Leicester will hold on

We win all four games and there is a very slight chance it could happen. Chelsea only need 1 win still to be above us which I'd assume they get. Leaving West Ham needing to win 3 from 3, the RS needing to take 10 of 12 points, and Leicester needing 4 points from 9 but having a set of fixtures tough enough that they might throw it again this year.

A lot rides on United really. They beat Leicester and the RS and we're right there. They lose both and we are dead and buried.

Status
Not open for further replies.