Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke to my grandad after the game to talk about our Tom. Watching him again you can only be impressed, he gives his team mates options across the Park by always making space to receive the ball, when he receives it, with either foot, his first instinct is to look forward and he appears to always be travelling as he weighs up his options.

People talk about intelligence on and off the ball - he has it in abundance - makes it look so easy. I'm one who doesn't want to build hype and say what he will or won't do in the future - it's entirely in his gift - and there will be games where perhaps his star doesn't shine as bright - but there is no doubt he is one hell of a player.

But back to my grandad, he says my description reminds me of a young Alan Ball. Now, I'm a touch too young to have seen that ginger flamed maestro in his Everton pomp, but for those on here who had that pleasure, are there similarities in how they play the game?

Yes there are similarities, he's got a fair way to go yet though. That said he looked superb again today. He could well end up being the heart and soul of our side , in the way Ball undoubtedly was.
Easy does it lads!!! He is a cracking prospect though!

Spoke to my grandad after the game to talk about our Tom. Watching him again you can only be impressed, he gives his team mates options across the Park by always making space to receive the ball, when he receives it, with either foot, his first instinct is to look forward and he appears to always be travelling as he weighs up his options.

People talk about intelligence on and off the ball - he has it in abundance - makes it look so easy. I'm one who doesn't want to build hype and say what he will or won't do in the future - it's entirely in his gift - and there will be games where perhaps his star doesn't shine as bright - but there is no doubt he is one hell of a player.

But back to my grandad, he says my description reminds me of a young Alan Ball. Now, I'm a touch too young to have seen that ginger flamed maestro in his Everton pomp, but for those on here who had that pleasure, are there similarities in how they play the game?

Yes there are similarities, he's got a fair way to go yet though. That said he looked superb again today. He could well end up being the heart and soul of our side , in the way Ball undoubtedly was.
Easy does lads!!! Comparing him to Alan Ball!!!!!! He is a cracking prospect though and has lifted our season since he got in the team.

been our most important player this season imo and that's not knocking Lukaku smashing them in left right and centre. He came in when we were piss poor and really gave the team AND fans a lift.

Honestly, go back and watch that goal against Man City and it gave me as big a buzz as when Rooney scored that goal against Arsenal. That was a huge win and followed it up with a nice little assist to Coleman the following week against Palace.
i endorse this post.

Top midfielder. Imagine if RK had been imaginative enough to play him all season?
RK has not had a faultless season. Many on here were crying out for the likes if Tom and Holgate when we were going through that bad patch. Jags was gaving a mare and Clevs was getting regular starts/game time. A llot of us were starting to believe the "kid rumours" were true. He got there eventually but I think it took him 2 or 3 matches too long to react. The likes of Watford and Southampton could have been reversed. We'd have been really in the mix rather than waiting for teams to drop points.

We can't have those games back of course but a part if me hopes that RK regrets that those decisions and learns from them.

RK has not had a faultless season. Many on here were crying out for the likes if Tom and Holgate when we were going through that bad patch. Jags was gaving a mare and Clevs was getting regular starts/game time. A llot of us were starting to believe the "kid rumours" were true. He got there eventually but I think it took him 2 or 3 matches too long to react. The likes of Watford and Southampton could have been reversed. We'd have been really in the mix rather than waiting for teams to drop points.

We can't have those games back of course but a part if me hopes that RK regrets that those decisions and learns from them.

I think it's difficult mate. Koeman obviously wanted to give all the senior lads an opportunity before then introducing younger players. He'd have ideally waited longer and introduced them to a winning team. It's a fairly sensible strategy.

I'm not sure we could have got the win against Arsenal without such an experienced team. With rugby they often say the first few yards accross the game line are the hardest. That was our accross the game line moment.

From that moment on, blip in the Derby aside, the momentum has been going forward, accelerated by the form of the younger players.

You do have to protect young players. The senior lads had taken the flack when it was difficult and that's fair enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.