Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why does it matter how old he is? If he's playing well he's in the team.
Yep true enough, but then you also look at two recent examples of players who were part of their first team at 17-18 in Rooney and Noble, both now hitting 29-30 and they seemingly look like they are on their last legs.

The pace, physicality and demands of playing in this league almost suggest you're best off not being a regular starter until you are 20/21 and have had more time to develop your body.

I'll be interested to see what happens to Raheem Sterling in another 7 or 8 years assuming he doesn't suffer serious injuries between now and then... Wouldn't be surprised at all if he experiences the same difficulties of struggling at what is still a relatively young age at 29.

Yep true enough, but then you also look at two recent examples of players who were part of their first team at 17-18 in Rooney and Noble, both now hitting 29-30 and they seemingly look like they are on their last legs.

The pace, physicality and demands of playing in this league almost suggest you're best off not being a regular starter until you are 20/21 and have had more time to develop your body.

I'll be interested to see what happens to Raheem Sterling in another 7 or 8 years assuming he doesn't suffer serious injuries between now and then... Wouldn't be surprised at all if he experiences the same difficulties of struggling at what is still a relatively young age at 29.

Is it to do with bodily development or more to do with strong drink, tobacco and titillating chemicals?

Right I've rowed with my son most of last night about the goal. He thinks the ball touched yaya toure's foot, I've replayed it so many times and can't see any touch but he insists he got a touch. Can people put him straight. Thanks.
If it clipped Toure the spin it of the ball would be forward not backward. Physics, simples. It would have clipped Toure on on the front underhalf of the ball causing a forward or slower spin. The spin was from a chip which can only be caused by a strike from the back low on the ball. You're right, you're son is wrong

David James made a point about repeating that it was a deflection on that well renowned radio show talk sport. So we must be wrong and he's right, just like when he predicted us finishing 16th in 13/14. Bitter RS can't even let us have a scrap of something to celebrate.
James is an idiot if he thinks that, no offense to Everton fans who think it may have been a chip. Should just say James is an idiot

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.