2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Tom knows his days are numbered. Cried off under the guise of a knee injury and flew to Morocco instead of staying on the Australian Tour. Wouldn't be surprised if he was told Price will get minutes over him, thought "no thanks" and booked a holiday.

Based on who Lampard has signed (Garner, Gana and Onana) to play in the same role, an emerging youngster would have been the final nail in his coffin.

Once he's being managed by a competent medical team, he'll no doubt be reborn and become one of England's all-time-greatest-late-bloomers after a free transfer to Marco Silva's Fulham.

Tom has played poorly for 6yrs, garner and Oana are youngsters With limited experience, Onana is already a Belgium international. But with only 11 starts in the French league last season, did you expect him to rip it up. Gana hasn’t been great, but is still a lot better than Tom.

And football is a team game, a few good players mixed in With a group of journeymen and a lot of dross, isn’t going to all of a sudden get us in to the top 6. Results are similar to last season, so do we get rid of Tarkowski and coady in January and bring keans and holgate back in.

Frank watched our midfield last season and obviously thought the likes of Tom, doucoure,
Gomes and Allan is a recipe for disaster. 2 have gone and the other 2 are out of contract in 6months . Tom after 6yrs and 150 games is now 6th choice for a team fighting relegation,
Think that says it all, maybe take the homegrown, one of us blinkers off
I just don't agree with you... but then everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Tom has been no more than a squad player for a number of years now and that is in a very poor Everton team. I am hopeful, as are we all that things at the club will improve, I really can’t see him developing into the class of player we need to improve. It would be great to see 6 locals all playing well in an Everton team playing well but in todays game that is a pipe dream. Tom strikes me as a bit of a bellwether for the club, if he is seen as being good enough to be a member of our squad, then our ambitions are limited to being very ordinary. To be fair to Tom he has company in that position.

But uncle Bill loves him, he's a lovely lad and does lots of charity work, new contract .
Hopefully with unsworth going,
Bill doesn’t have an influence on any decisions.
Though there was a piece in the athletic by paddy Boyland today taking about new contacts for him and doucoure are possibilities. While saying Everton need to reduce the wage bill
would be horrendous keeping them
Two , 5th and 6th choice and new deals would be like 6/7mil a year in wages

Status
Not open for further replies.