2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t wait to see the back of him to be honest.

Absolutely rubbish footballer who’s hung around way too long.

Was made up when I found out his contract expires soon.

Marco Silva made this bloke captain - unbelievable
Can you believe it's been SIX YEARS since his one good game against City?

Absolutely disgraceful to keep a player that far past their best before date.

Even after the first year or two of stinking the place following his 'breakthrough' season, say in 2018, we might have still got a decent price for him as he was still a youngster with potential.

He's 25 next year and is rightfully seen as an utter waster who has been happy to sit on his arse for over half a decade while picking up a very generous wage.

Get kin rid ffs.

Can you believe it's been SIX YEARS since his one good game against City?

Absolutely disgraceful to keep a player that far past their best before date.

Even after the first year or two of stinking the place following his 'breakthrough' season, say in 2018, we might have still got a decent price for him as he was still a youngster with potential.

He's 25 next year and is rightfully seen as an utter waster who has been happy to sit on his arse for over half a decade while picking up a very generous wage.

Get kin rid ffs.
Someone put on twitter, yesterday that he did an interview with Vinny O’Connor and spoke about a new deal?
But apparently he’s a good squad option, good lad and is on a cheap salary, probably only 40k a week, bless his little rolled down cotton socks. If he gets a new deal and Isaac Price walks away on a free, that would be a scandal.

Someone put on twitter, yesterday that he did an interview with Vinny O’Connor and spoke about a new deal?
But apparently he’s a good squad option, good lad and is on a cheap salary, probably only 40k a week, bless his little rolled down cotton socks. If he gets a new deal and Isaac Price walks away on a free, that would be a scandal.
How does a player choosing to walk away from a deal have anything to do with a totally different player being offered a deal... that makes no sense.

How does a player choosing to walk away from a deal have anything to do with a totally different player being offered a deal... that makes no sense.
You obviously know what I’m getting at, Davies shouldn’t even be in discussions for a new deal just like doucoure, let them go,
They offer nothing.
We should already have our best youngsters on long deals

The 5-2 against Watford, those tackles he bottled out of, summed it up for me. I’ve heard he’s a nice lad, that’s not enough, we need better players.

You obviously know what I’m getting at, Davies shouldn’t even be in discussions for a new deal just like doucoure, let them go,
They offer nothing.
We should already have our best youngsters on long deals
I don't agree with you about Tom Davies. I think he does a decent job for us
At the start of the season we brought in a completely new midfield and the results have been no better than when TD was playing before the signings were made.

Evertonians just seem to like a scapegoat and in my opinion are busy criticising the wrong players when the problems lie elsewhere.

Idrissa Gueye and Onana were expected to just step into the team and improve us instantly and it hasn't happened more because of unreasonable expectations than any fault of the players.

RB lost his job in part because of his absolute intransigence in selecting certain players and FL needs to be careful or he may lose his job because of making the same mistake.

TD may not be the saviour of the club but should not ignored when others are playing poorly week after week.

I don't agree with you about Tom Davies. I think he does a decent job for us
At the start of the season we brought in a completely new midfield and the results have been no better than when TD was playing before the signings were made.

Evertonians just seem to like a scapegoat and in my opinion are busy criticising the wrong players when the problems lie elsewhere.

Idrissa Gueye and Onana were expected to just step into the team and improve us instantly and it hasn't happened more because of unreasonable expectations than any fault of the players.

RB lost his job in part because of his absolute intransigence in selecting certain players and FL needs to be careful or he may lose his job because of making the same mistake.

TD may not be the saviour of the club but should not ignored when others are playing poorly week after week.
Tom has played poorly for 6yrs, garner and Oana are youngsters With limited experience, Onana is already a Belgium international. But with only 11 starts in the French league last season, did you expect him to rip it up. Gana hasn’t been great, but is still a lot better than Tom.

And football is a team game, a few good players mixed in With a group of journeymen and a lot of dross, isn’t going to all of a sudden get us in to the top 6. Results are similar to last season, so do we get rid of Tarkowski and coady in January and bring keans and holgate back in.

Frank watched our midfield last season and obviously thought the likes of Tom, doucoure,
Gomes and Allan is a recipe for disaster. 2 have gone and the other 2 are out of contract in 6months . Tom after 6yrs and 150 games is now 6th choice for a team fighting relegation,
Think that says it all, maybe take the homegrown, one of us blinkers off

Status
Not open for further replies.