2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, which one of you wrote this about poor young Tom?

"To truly progress as a club the hierarchy must become more cut-throat, abandoning this happy-go-lucky attitude that allows them to be bullied by bigger clubs.

The first steps must come this summer, should they retain their status in the division, by culling a playing squad that have let down numerous managers. One such name that springs to mind when referencing both mediocrity and sentimentality is Tom Davies, who must be the first to go."

"To truly progress as a club the hierarchy must become more cut-throat, abandoning this happy-go-lucky attitude that allows them to be bullied by bigger clubs.

The first steps must come this summer, should they retain their status in the division, by culling a playing squad that have let down numerous managers. One such name that springs to mind when referencing both mediocrity and sentimentality is Tom Davies, who must be the first to go."
That’s first got to come at board level

I reckon it was @tommye

Dont think is as bad as some people say, agree should not be at the club anymore. Is the clubs fault what has happend to him has needed a run of games for a long time. We could have got a fee for him hope he can get a new start at another club and wish him the best

Dont think is as bad as some people say, agree should not be at the club anymore. Is the clubs fault what has happend to him has needed a run of games for a long time. We could have got a fee for him hope he can get a new start at another club and wish him the best
Don't you think in his time here that he has had plenty of 'run of games' hence the reason he now doesn't get a 'run of games'.
He is a player that has had ample opportunities to show if he is good or bad. General consensus is he is bad. Can't say he hasn't been given a chance.

I don’t think he’s a viable option to even be a squad player tbh. At some point squad players have to play games of football. I’d be giving Lewis Warrington his spot on the bench.
This what makes me laugh, the good squad player nonsense. It’s like saying Maupay is a good squad player untill he has to start 15 games.

If we only had to see Tom for 5 mins every 3 games fair enough. When you get injuries and he has to start 20 games,
Then it becomes a huge issue

Don't you think in his time here that he has had plenty of 'run of games' hence the reason he now doesn't get a 'run of games'.
He is a player that has had ample opportunities to show if he is good or bad. General consensus is he is bad. Can't say he hasn't been given a chance.
Has not helped has had several managers to play under, i do think he could have been looked after better here. Maybe would have been a better player is also on himself that it hasnt worked out here

This what makes me laugh, the good squad player nonsense. It’s like saying Maupay is a good squad player untill he has to start 15 games.

If we only had to see Tom for 5 mins every 3 games fair enough. When you get injuries and he has to start 20 games,
Then it becomes a huge issue

We should always be aiming to improve on our current first team players (who aren’t very good) and then make them the squad players rather than bring in and keep players who are “good cheap backups”. Why we haven’t learned after all these years, that our cheap backups that will never play, inevitably end up playing a lot and we become worse as a result, I’ll never know.

We should always be aiming to improve on our current first team players (who aren’t very good) and then make them the squad players rather than bring in and keep players who are “good cheap backups”. Why we haven’t learned after all these years, that our cheap backups that will never play, inevitably end up playing a lot and we become worse as a result, I’ll never know.
Yes spot on, ideal world and I’d we had the money, gray and McNeil are your bench options next seasons, like Doucoure who I know is back in know, but he went from 1st choice to 4th at the start of this season under frank.

We should be looking at midfield again, and bringing in another first choice and at the back, Mina, holgate go, keane and Branthwaite, Godfrey as back up. Well I’d sell Keane, but looks like he’s staying if we stay up.

And same at left back, Myko should be back up. Unfortunately I can’t see us having a fortune to spend so most of them I’ve mentioned will still be in the team most weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.