2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are entitled to their opinions, but I take issue with the ferocity of the hatred showered on him.
He gets defended because he is a local lad and boyhood blue and we want him to succeed.
I think we all know is not first or second choice. The question really is should he be third or fourth choice?
People can't seem to grasp that we need players like Davies in our squad. Players that aren't going to start many games and perhaps make 15 or so appearances a season, mainly from the bench when a job needs to be done. Or start the odd game when we have an injury crisis. People who aren't going to kick up a fuss or be a tit in the dressing room when they aren't playing. People who aren't being paid almost £100k a week to play an average of maybe 5/10 minutes a week.

He maybe isn't the best player but he's certainly premier level and at 23 still maybe has a little bit of improvement still in him. Wouldn't blame the lad in the slightest if he sought more game time elsewhere. But for what we'd get for him we certainly wouldn't be able to buy anybody better than him and they'd likely cost a lot more in wages too.

I like Tom. But I just think that his personality is too passive, and that he still doesn't think he belongs.

I don't think players with that mentality ever dominate.

Good guy, ok player, but not good enough for Everton.

But you take it to far and defend him to the hilt on everything.
Maybe i missed some who never but every ex pro i have see commenting on that chance said he has to take it himself.
If he misses he misses. Would have got a bit of stick but it would have blown over.
This thread has bumped and bumped because you dont get chances like that often in those games
This thread has bumped and bumped because Davies is an easy target for GOT members. Mina strayed offside and it barely got a mention in his thread.

He needs moving on for his own sake too.

Is this how he wants to spend the rest of his career, making the odd subs appearance, coming in for a couple of games when a the first choice midfielders is injured and starting against division one teams in the Carabao Cup ?

Surely being a regular starter for a club in the Championship or in the SPL would be more appealing.
He's a blue and on a good wage - doubt he's that arsed really. At 23 he'll know he has plenty of chances left to impress during his cameos which can get him more game time

Were playing with 2 central midfielders so ij an ideal world we have 2 starters and 2 to push for a place in the team, that can rotate in.

Is Davies pushing for a place in the team? I think the answer to that is no.

Therefore, we should be looking to sell Davies and the other centre mids and sign 2 new players for that position.

Were playing with 2 central midfielders so ij an ideal world we have 2 starters and 2 to push for a place in the team, that can rotate in.

Therefore, we should be looking to sell Davies and the other centre mids and sign 2 new players for that position.
I think we get Europe this will happen but currently with no extra football been played we will probably stick with Tom. Thought he did ok on Saturday. He was a little unlucky with the goal a more confident player would have went alone.

I think we get Europe this will happen but currently with no extra football been played we will probably stick with Tom. Thought he did ok on Saturday. He was a little unlucky with the goal a more confident player would have went alone.

Why would we keep a player that cant push players ahead of him for a position or affect the game in a positive way as a rotation option?

I think Benitez will want to clear the decks of those players who can command transfer fees that arent able to push for a spot.

You might be right maybe that’s why he is after Longstaff. People may laugh but he might suit our style and he knows the manager. Also an upgrade on the current deputies.

Are you saying you'd keep Gomes and Delph over Davies? Gaming even?

Only Gomes realistically could be said to have a chance at pushing for a first team slot, but I don't think he's anywhere near first choice.

Are you saying you'd keep Gomes and Delph over Davies? Gaming even?

Only Gomes realistically could be said to have a chance at pushing for a first team slot, but I don't think he's anywhere near first choice.
Delph no. Gomes offers something a little different to Davies. Both can be used differently but effective from the bench. It’s just starting them regular where cracks may appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.