2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, would you get rid of all of them ahead of Davies?

I.e. what's the order. Is there worth in a phased transition. I.e. one argument on here is that Davies is worth keeping as a squad player because he's usually fit, relatively cheap and won't kick up a fuss.

Cwoar, you're making this hard work Zac.
I think @Zatara has made is perfectly clear lol
We have 6. 2 up to the standard and 4 that aren’t or are injured constantly.

Sell them 4 and buy 2 new ones. 1 of which should be at Doucoure/Allans level or even better. Longstaff wouldn’t be for me. Bit on a free as 4th choice. Which would allow us to buy a top class midfielder, then that’s fine for me.

The thing I see a lot of is 1 Davies is a good squad player, A good squad player for me is someone who can come in for 25 games with injuries and we don’t see much of a drop off

2. He won’t kick up a fuss. Well I want players who’re hungry and will kick up a fuss.

3 he’s on low wages. I read 50k a week, not sure how true that is, well that’s not cheap IMO and if he’s 5th choice. Well give that spit to Onyango or price next season. They’re on a lot less wages. And Davies has had 5 yrs, time for another youngster to be given his spot

I think @Zatara has made is perfectly clear lol
We have 6. 2 up to the standard and 4 that aren’t or are injured constantly.

Sell them 4 and buy 2 new ones. 1 of which should be at Doucoure/Allans level or even better. Longstaff wouldn’t be for me. Bit on a free as 4th choice. Which would allow us to buy a top class midfielder, then that’s fine for me.

The thing I see a lot of is 1 Davies is a good squad player, A good squad player for me is someone who can come in for 25 games with injuries and we don’t see much of a drop off

2. He won’t kick up a fuss. Well I want players who’re hungry and will kick up a fuss.

3 he’s on low wages. I read 50k a week, not sure how true that is, well that’s not cheap IMO and if he’s 5th choice. Well give that spit to Onyango or price next season. They’re on a lot less wages. And Davies has had 5 yrs, time for another youngster to be given his spot
Thanks Zac surrogate / spokesperson.

It’s a a simple answer no. Abs I would say he’s probably 5th choice at best when you consider Rafael picked Gomes & delph before him in the early games. It doesn’t paint a good picture for him that after 5 yrs and 150 games he’s 5th choice for a team that has finished 10th and 12th the last 2 seasons.

The lad is championship standard. Look how him and Gomes couldn’t even take control of QPR’s midfield. Injuries to Allan and Doucoure or god for bid both and that’s our season over.
I don’t think Delph will ever play for us again. I agree Gomes is ahead of him though. I think he is fourth choice and I prefer him in that berth than Delph. I think he still has a role at the club.

The question should be “is Tom Davies good enough for us?”

It shouldn’t be used as a deciding factor in being labelled a Goodison father. His locality shouldn’t be taken into account. The fact he dresses like the blue rinse brigade is irrelevant.

Is he up to the job? Yes or no.

I straight away reel off half the teams in the prem he wouldnt get a game for.
You then start looking at your newcastles and burnleys.

The question should be “is Tom Davies good enough for us?”

It shouldn’t be used as a deciding factor in being labelled a Goodison father. His locality shouldn’t be taken into account. The fact he dresses like the blue rinse brigade is irrelevant.

Is he up to the job? Yes or no.
No and anyone who thinks differently, is blinkered by the thinks you mention

I don’t think Delph will ever play for us again. I agree Gomes is ahead of him though. I think he is fourth choice and I prefer him in that berth than Delph. I think he still has a role at the club.
Fair enough but I’m not sure how anyone watching him for the last 5yrs has come to that conclusion.

All things being equal in a match day squad we would have 4 midfielders. Davies IMO is not good enough to be one of the 4, if we as a team aspire to challenge for the European places on a regular basis

Status
Not open for further replies.