2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come off it. The lad is just so far off what's needed it's not funny. There was a little bit of hope that he'd come good, but that ended over two years ago. Quality wise he's probably good enough for League One or Two, but very obviously not this division.

It's not that I disagree, I just don't know what good it does the lad to not get behind him. The club gave him the contract, the manage subbed him on today, he didn't make those decisions. If he's not good enough and never will be, that's not really his fault. All he can do is try his best, which he does every game. It's a failing of the club that he still plays a part, not the player.

Needed to close his eyes and believe. If he'd scored his value would have increased. Could have flogged him to qatar this week

Whatever confidence the lads once had when he burst onto the scene has long gone now.

…it’s character as much as confidence, after missing the penalty at QPR some would relish the chance to put things right. They might not be confident of scoring but they’d know the situation they were in.

As soon as he passed it I said “wtf are you doing”, I’m sure I wasn’t alone in knowing Mina was offside. Davies passed the buck, I’d want him to show character in that situation even if he missed.

…it’s character as much as confidence, after missing the penalty at QPR some would relish the chance to put things right. They might not be confident of scoring but they’d know the situation they were in.

As soon as he passed it I said “wtf are you doing”, I’m sure I wasn’t alone in knowing Mina was offside. Davies passed the buck, I’d want him to show character in that situation even if he missed.

I would have been more shocked if he had taken a shot eggs lol

You watch the training vids/drills and there was one a couple of weeks ago where he was with Godfrey. My 8 year old daughter packs more power into headers than he did!

It would have never entered his mind today that he had a chance to shoot/score. Thats just not in his make up unfortunately

Just seen the big chance. I've seen previous posts saying he should shoot as soon as he got the ball. I'm not so sure on that it was quite a bit out. It was a decent pass into the space where I think DCL or Richarlison would have stayed onside and netted it.

Can't say he's a young kid anymore. Lived in the shadows too much. He got into the position great but his timing to pass should have been better. Hes one of those you bring on when four nil up. A shame Gordon had to go off. At least Longstaff has a decent shot on him

Combination of him and Mina to blame for the goal. M

Mina shouldn't be offside.
Davies should be able to recognise he's offside.

Good result today regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.