2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only seen the highlights of the Manchester United game so don't really know how Tom Davies played overall, but I felt he should have put his boot through the ball and gone for goal instead of passing to Mina, who was so far offside he looked like he was playing in goal for United. These things tend to happen when you're a little low on confidence and doubt yourself.

I would have been more shocked if he had taken a shot eggs lol

You watch the training vids/drills and there was one a couple of weeks ago where he was with Godfrey. My 8 year old daughter packs more power into headers than he did!

It would have never entered his mind today that he had a chance to shoot/score. Thats just not in his make up unfortunately

…really good point, Matey, I saw those vids as well.

And havent played him regular.
Says more about the recruitment of this club than anything else.
I'll take you as my number 2 if i get the barca gig. I'll need an idiot sitting next to me to make me look better.
Nobody could make you better,just watched the replay in slow motion,Mina was off by a whisker,but you'd have known that I'm sure. lol

Understandable his confidence is low when his own 'fans' have the opinion of him they do.
Tbf even if fans were fully behind him he could still be going through the issue - we all have our ups and downs and one day feel we could slay dragons and others not sure we can put our shoes on correctly and footballers are no different. Just the results are more on display for others to critique and second guess.

Only seen the highlights of the Manchester United game so don't really know how Tom Davies played overall, but I felt he should have put his boot through the ball and gone for goal instead of passing to Mina, who was so far offside he looked like he was playing in goal for United. These things tend to happen when you're a little low on confidence and doubt yourself.

Yea I agree, I think 2017-18 Davies would have gone for goal. I hope he gets it back cos we need at the very least a good understudy to Doucoure - and when he first started playing he did look quite dynamic

Davies probably passed because he knew if he missed he would be slaughtered. This is why being negative about players back fires. 3 years ago Davies isn't even thinking of passing but he's been in and out of side he's bound to read forums he knew if he didn't score he gets slaughtered. He took the soft option and unfortunately he still gets slaughtered.

Status
Not open for further replies.