2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lad's an absolute disgrace. Golden chance to get himself back onside with the fans and win us a massive, massive game and he well and truly bottles it and passes the buck to a defender who is offside.
Be fair what we can see on the TV, in a split second he didn't on the pitch.

If he’s running in from near the touch line fair enough. But he’s virtually straight in on goal. With not one Utd player near him to put him under pressure. 99% of players shot there IMO.
I hope his takeaway from the situation, and the team's takeaway in general, is that playing that kind of pass is good but maybe make sure the guy is onside and the guy in the middle needs to also make sure he stays on. Turning a good chance to a can't miss tap in is something we should be looking to do.

Stop posting silly replies.
I dont rate tom davies as a player that Everton should be looking to progress with.
Deal with it.
You obviously know more than all the managers who've played him,keep your eyes open the Barcelona job might be open for you.

Anyone blaming Davies, abs you will get the usual. Davies bashing again. And his supporters blame Mina. The fan base is split in this lad unfortunately and it’s not going to change.

Listened to the echo pod last night and Prenno said he gets unfair stick abs it’s because he’s homegrown. And brought up John ebbrell.

But I think it works both ways, he also gets a lot more support, than any player we had paid for, who after 5 years and 150 games. With maybe 15 very good games at best. That player would no longer be at the club

That goal stands then we'd be lauding him as a genius for spotting Mina's run and playing him in. It's a massively frustrating thing from a massively frustrating player but that chance today isn't worth holding into.

Don't think he's going to be here much longer anyway, Benitez has his heart set on Longstaff and is giving TD less mins than any previous manager. Norwich beckons.

You obviously know more than all the managers who've played him,keep your eyes open the Barcelona job might be open for you.

And havent played him regular.
Says more about the recruitment of this club than anything else.
I'll take you as my number 2 if i get the barca gig. I'll need an idiot sitting next to me to make me look better.

That goal stands then we'd be lauding him as a genius for spotting Mina's run and playing him in. It's a massively frustrating thing from a massively frustrating player but that chance today isn't worth holding into.

Don't think he's going to be here much longer anyway, Benitez has his heart set on Longstaff and is giving TD less mins than any previous manager. Norwich beckons.
Yes a fantastic spot. Not sure how he spotted a guy who’s 6ft 5 wearing a blue shirt 5 yards away. 20/20 vision our Tom

He needs to start taking some responsibility. You shoot all day long there. End of. Not even a discussion about 'yeah but what if Mina was onside'. Was bottling it of the highest order - which is a shame because it was a brilliant team performance.

He is obviously playing with some kind of fear - fear he didn't have when he burst on the scene vs city. Sports psychologist needed, or the Championship beckons for him..

…it’s not a matter of being for him or against him, players in that situation don’t even consider laying it off unless they don’t fancy it. The concentration is on picking your spot and connecting with the shot.

He didn’t fancy taking it on, his ball striking is very poor. As soon as you pass that ball forward you’ll have an idea your teammate if offside. He didn’t take responsibility.

…it’s not a matter of being for him or against him, players in that situation don’t even consider laying it off unless they don’t fancy it. The concentration is on picking your spot and connecting with the shot.

He didn’t fancy taking it on, his ball striking is very poor. As soon as you pass that ball forward you’ll have an idea your teammate if offside. He didn’t take responsibility.

Whatever confidence the lads once had when he burst onto the scene has long gone now.

Really struggling to work out why the lad would be low enough on confidence not to shoot in that situation with 'support' like this.
Come off it. The lad is just so far off what's needed it's not funny. There was a little bit of hope that he'd come good, but that ended over two years ago. I genuinely think he'd struggle in any division in this country because he lacks most basic qualities you require as a professional footballer.

His first touch was poor and made it a more difficult angle and I then think that made his decision to pass to mina. Another foot more central and he would have taken the shot. Would he have scored? No, Prob would scuff it. I would prefer someone more mobile and with more pace in squad next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.